Help - Reception problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Just finally got a chance to sit down and turn on the tube and have the signal loss error. We HAVE gotten snow here today and I'm hoping once we can get up there to knock it off it will help but in the meantime I did a switch test and it said "one of the switches is not connected correctly" - I then looked at details and it says port 4 is not connected. Any help? Backround - new roof this week, mounted to retrodeck and a tech came on Wed. to realign, everything seemed to be working fine til now.

Thanks, then it's got to be the snow then, but that ticks me off, we've NEVER had problem with snow and no reception. Could he have mis aligned it a touch so that now we will or am I being overly worried? We've never had it go out for this long (almost an hour now).

Possible that it could need a fine tuning but if I were to guess(I'm in Az, snow illiterate), if snow is built up, that'll cause it. Especially if you got hit by that storm yesterday. Can you access the dish? When I worked at dish, a lot of my coworkers lived in frozen states, previously, and would rub crisco or similar things on the dish.

My dish works fine covered in snow. It's when it starts melting is when the trouble starts. I'm guessing water bends the radio waves. I have a swimming pool cleaner that extends to knock off the snow.

Grrr. Hubby got up there, got the snow off but now we have no locals, no hd, no superstations. WTH?

And I've got a dope on the chat I'm about ready to crawl thru the connection and pop her head off. Keeps telling me what channel number each one is that I'm missing and I keep telling her THEY'RE NOT THERE. Ugh, she's not getting it. Just did switch test - everything has a check mark next to it...why am I missing channels?

Out of curiosity, what is your epg set to? My channels, my hd, all channels? Also do a quick reset. Now that we have the signal back.

Reactions: andreah1
All is good, she had to send a signal and the channels came back, still no idea why it happened in the first place. :(

A rep of some sort I can guarantee. Probably just missed its last few authorizations if there have been some storms the last few nights. Not anything noticeable, but can affect you. Quick fix if you have authorization issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts