Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
What I have:

I have one plasma tv and one sdtv hooked up to the sd dvr

I have on rptv hooked up to an 811

What I want:

I want an Hd Dvr to replace the sd dvr

and a 211 to replace the 811

Dish tells me I dont qualify for the 199 deal and to check with an installer.

Can anyone give me some type of information or advice I could use to do this upgrade. It seems backwards that they would direct me to an installer for a deal they could but wont give me.

Anyone? Thoughts are appreciated

There are limits to the number of upgrades E* will allow within a period of time or at one time. My guess is that you still have a commitment on one or both of your current receivers. I don't think an installer can do anything to help you, but perhaps a retailer can. Try the DishStore (one of our sponsors) or someone who handles E* in your local area. They might be able to find some kind of workaround. You might have to purchase the equipment to be able to do anything within your current contract, but there are some advantages to that. Why not just upgrade one at a time? The HD DVR is the 622. You can buy them for $499 or less. I did that while still in a lease contract with an 811. I'm now using both (and a leased 311) to feed one HD and 3 SD TVs. When my commitment on the 811 is over in Dec. I will probably do something with that, like replace it with a 211 and upgrade that TV to an inexpensive HD. There are many options, but they might involve some investment. YMMV...

Last edited:
You know what, They wont let me lease anything right now because of timing.

I called back and got a really cool customer service guy named 'Curtis" who cheked on the availability and he told me they do the upgrades at the beginning of each month.

Well because of that, its late in the month and they dont over book installs so i have to wait. I can keep my 625 which is fine with me for the dvr function, and just lease two 211's.

Only thing is , at this time of the month I cant do it. It sucks but whatever. Im not interested in buying

Your story dosen't make much sense they do upgrade continuously. bhelms guess makes much more sense. You are either in a commitment that prohibits an upgrade or the handling of your account indicates that an upgrade is unwise at this time.

KDRE said:
You know what, They wont let me lease anything right now because of timing.

I called back and got a really cool customer service guy named 'Curtis" who cheked on the availability and he told me they do the upgrades at the beginning of each month.

Well because of that, its late in the month and they dont over book installs so i have to wait. I can keep my 625 which is fine with me for the dvr function, and just lease two 211's.

Only thing is , at this time of the month I cant do it. It sucks but whatever. Im not interested in buying

Now that's the first time me hearing this. Only doing upgrades at the beginning of the month..:confused:

boba said:
Your story dosen't make much sense they do upgrade continuously. bhelms guess makes much more sense. You are either in a commitment that prohibits an upgrade or the handling of your account indicates that an upgrade is unwise at this time.

It makes on sense, but you know good and well Dish does alot of t hings that make no sense.

This is just what I was told. With that, Im going to cancel my current contract.

Yup, going to have to pay the early termination fee prorated, but Im able to get the same equipment Im asking Dish for from an installer broker as long as its after 24 hours of the service being terminated.

I'll probably get some free HD and a few movie channels for a couple of months out of it too. Not the best plan, but a plan nonetheless.

bhelms said:
There are limits to the number of upgrades E* will allow within a period of time or at one time. My guess is that you still have a commitment on one or both of your current receivers. I don't think an installer can do anything to help you, but perhaps a retailer can. Try the DishStore (one of our sponsors) or someone who handles E* in your local area. They might be able to find some kind of workaround. You might have to purchase the equipment to be able to do anything within your current contract, but there are some advantages to that. Why not just upgrade one at a time? The HD DVR is the 622. You can buy them for $499 or less. I did that while still in a lease contract with an 811. I'm now using both (and a leased 311) to feed one HD and 3 SD TVs. When my commitment on the 811 is over in Dec. I will probably do something with that, like replace it with a 211 and upgrade that TV to an inexpensive HD. There are many options, but they might involve some investment. YMMV...

bhelms... Thanks for the input

Too much cash that I dont have to buy, so a lease is my option if you know what I mean.

I know a retailer cant do anything for me, but It wasnt even my idea. The idiot Dish Customer svc rep brought this up.

What is LiL?

D* buying E*? Looks Unlikely. Rupert selling D*? Maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts