Help to get better highspeed of some kind

bigtimebama

Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Alabama
What is the best route you'll have used to get a cable or dsl company to run to your house. It is all around my area but I'm in the dead zone. One street with houses a bit off the road. Neither cable wants to bring it and ATT is like moving an elephant. Ideas?

wireless connection from a neighbor that can get cable or dsl... and i'm not saying steal their wifi, but work out a deal with them to put in a wireless bridge.
I recently did an install for a guy that has no service where he lives, but his buddy that lives on the other side of town has cable. The two houses can see each other, so we put in a wireless link between the two houses, and the guy got a second cable connection at his buddies house.

I agree with Jared. Get you a pair of the cheap Ubiquiti radios if they live within a mile of you line of site otherwise you may need higher priced Ubiquiti radios. Set one up in AP mode and set the second one up in client mode. You might only need one of them if their house is really close and they already have a router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)