Help wanted. I've gotten somewhere!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I just called D* retention. I asked about upgrading my HD to a HD DVR. So far I got it down to $299 and NO handling fee. It is an okay deal, still on lease though of course. I have that deal noted on my account. If I call back I will try to get it down to $99 or maybe even FREE. Any words of wisdom for my next attempt to get this price as low as possible? Anyone with any ideas, whether you have done this before or not? Help is much needed and appreciated.:confused:
BTW he told me they still offer the HD DVR to own for $799! with no commitment. So I guess maybe you can still own the equipment, for alot!

Last edited:
to be honest with you, unless you have a really good story. its not going any lower than that in my opinion

Well, in another post someone claimed he got offered a free HD DVR upgrade from his HD box.

Either way you are doing a 2 year comitment. I would trade my H10 for a HR10 (if free) today. But I do not want to go lease on my other recievers.

Dragon, what makes you believe HD DVR upgrades will be free with 2 yr. commitment come May? Do you know this information or is it just a hunch?

Okay, so what would make you think D* would offer FREE upgrades in May then?

If that does happen I might wait, I wouldn't mind waiting for a dramatic price drop or getting it free. Unless the Free upgrade ends up being for NEW customers only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts