Help! WiFi internet signal dodgy, now TimeTrax won't record!

mboyko

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
I had been using an older version of TimeTrax to record my radio talk shows, but it usually would shut down and crash after a number of days, so I upgraded to a newer version hoping for more stability and the ability to record on "weekends only" and "weekdays only" whereas my older version didn't really allow that, only "every day" seemed to work regardless if the show was broadcast on sat-sun or mon-fri.

Anyway, my recording computer is in the basement and the only internet is a wifi connection. It isn't the strongest signal, and there are about 5 or 6 wifi routers in my apt complex, so I suspect interference as well. Anyway when I came back the next day the connection had crapped out and it said "no connection timetrax won't work" and I lost all my recordings!! How do I disable this? Help!
:(

Hi,

Recast has a requirment for an always on Internet connection.

It can not be disabled at this point in time.

Derek

mboyko said:
I had been using an older version of TimeTrax to record my radio talk shows, but it usually would shut down and crash after a number of days, so I upgraded to a newer version hoping for more stability and the ability to record on "weekends only" and "weekdays only" whereas my older version didn't really allow that, only "every day" seemed to work regardless if the show was broadcast on sat-sun or mon-fri.

Anyway, my recording computer is in the basement and the only internet is a wifi connection. It isn't the strongest signal, and there are about 5 or 6 wifi routers in my apt complex, so I suspect interference as well. Anyway when I came back the next day the connection had crapped out and it said "no connection timetrax won't work" and I lost all my recordings!! How do I disable this? Help!
:(

You cannot disable this until a "suposed" later version which will allow you to "opt out" of the internet connection (opting out also seems like it will not allow you to use some features as well).

I would suggest a few things:

1. larger antenna on the WiFi Router itself (Linksys makes antennas)
2. If using a USB wireless NIC card, get a USB extension cable and move the NIC as high as you can.
3. revert back to TT Classic which at least doesn't need the internet and doesn't connect to it every 28 minutes like TT Recast 1.6 does.
4. maybe difficult due to the apt building, get an ethernet cable from the router to the machine running TT (so this way you only have to worry about the internet and not the wifi connection to screw up TT Recast)

Good Luck - and lets just hope they release that "opt out" version of TT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts