Help with Signal Splitting.......Simplified

AllieD16

Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
La La Land
I admit I am electronically challenged, so keep that in mind when reading and posting please.

I currently have 2 lines coming in the house from the satellite dish
One line is attached to a HD receiver
One line is attached to a "basic" receiver

I would like to split the "basic" line to run to an additional "basic" receiver.
I don't know how to split the signal and still get full signal strength to both receivers. Currently the additional receiver isn't getting in all transponders.

I've read about SW24's and SW21's and hope someone can help me with the right set up. Ideally I don't want to connect anything up on the satellite itself as it is on the 2nd floor roof. If it can be done with switches in the house that would be fantastic!! Thanks in advance for all your help.......remember please keep it simple.

Allie
:eek:

You can't 'split' the basic line like in a cable TV situation. Each receiver has to be directly wired to the satellite dish, so you would need 3 lines coming into the house. If you have a 1000.2 dish on your roof the switches are all built in and you just need to run a line from the dish to the new receiver.

You can use a multiswitch such as a dp 34 if you have DP lnb's which it sounds like you probably have. However you really need to see what dish you have installed and let us know on the site so we have all the information. That will determine what switch you need.

You'll definitely need to go to the CHECK SWITCH menu (Menu 6-1-1, check switch) and post what satellites/switch are showing in the summary. Without being willing to install a new line directly from the dish, your options may be limited. If you are utilizing just two satellites from the dish, then you will be able to place a switch down below or in the house. But both of those lines will need to be installed to the switch, and then the lines to each individual rcvr will go from the outputs of the switch. Your current rcvr model and dish/lnb setup will dictate what switch you should use.

I don't see where the OP said he has DP duals. I'll bet he has a 1000.x antenna since he has an HD receiver.

Anyhow, as sunelec said, we need to know what you've got up there. Go to a receiver and do a menu 6-1-3 and read off the h line which IIRC is called "device". You are looking for something like 1k2, or DPP44.

Setting up remote tv

Anyone still miss VOOM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts