Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rafael63

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Hello everyone,

This is my firat post so please bare with me. I am trying to align my D* 3 lnb dish. The pole is leveled and plumb as far as the bubble goes. But i am getting 0s (sat a ,101) in all transponders except for 2, 10, 12, 20, 26, 27,28,29, 31, and 32. In (sat b, 119) 0 on trans 25, 29 and 31. In sat c, 110 all 0's on 8, 10, 12. This is my first time tring to align. I only have one receiver. I already have changed the antenna/ lnb, and also ran a new cable directly to the receiver with no help. the elevation is at the required setting, and also the tilt is at the required setting. There are no obstructions.
When I try to do a autoconfig, the receiver does not recognize the switch type (receiver model is a hughes Hird e-8). Could my problem be the receiver or do I need to do some fine tuning? Thanks in advanced.

You need to change the setting to accept 3 LNBs. If the receiver dont show you has 3 LNBs at the setting, you need another newer receiver.

Well, actually I have had this rceiver for a while and it was working. But after a while, I started to lose my signals. Then I tried to re-align the dish and then I lost everything except for the above. I have read the instructions on how to align, but still can't seem to be able to align. I can manually chose 3 lnb in the receiver.

Well, actually I have had this rceiver for a while and it was working. But after a while, I started to lose my signals. Then I tried to re-align the dish and then I lost everything except for the above. I have read the instructions on how to align, but still can't seem to be able to align. I can manually chose 3 lnb in the receiver.

The receiver you mentioned here, previously worked with THIS 3 LNB dish, or a single LNB dish ?

Jimbo

It has previously worked with this dish...

I think your just not getting the dish aligned correctly.
Use the settings the receiver gives you as starting point.

Do you have a multiswitch in the run or is it just cable straight from the receiver to the dish ?

jimbo

Straight shot from the dish to the receiver...

If thats the case, then make sure the set up menu is set for the correct dish and try pointing again.
Other things could be bad as well, coax, connections bad, lnb, but you would need to know that you are pointed correctly before looking to change other things. remember that this is a spot 22,000 miles away your trying to hit, make very small adjustments, slowly.

Jimbo

See if you can borropw a receiver from a friend to check your alignment. The E86 is known for running hot and tuner problems are very common.

Well, I just eliminated the receiver as the problem. It works just fine at my friend's house. And after eliminating the cable and the dish/lnb, the only thing left is the dish alignment. I guess I just have to go back and try to align it again. Any tips on how to align that is not on the dish instructions?

Cover the 110 and 119 LNBs with foil (this insures you get the 101 sat on the 101 LNB, and not, for exmple, the 101 sat on the 119 LNB), aim for the 101, check and adjust for best signal, d/l guide data, verify reception, xponder activity, etc, once all is well with the 101, uncover the 110 and 119 and if skew is right, the 110, and 119 should already be in place.

Last edited:
Well, I am sad to say that I have just raised the white flag. I just can't align. I can troble-shoot and repair aircraft auto pilot systems, but I can't align a darn satellite dish... Time to call D*... thanks to all that tried to help me...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Integrating a DVD burner with the HR20

NFL Sunday Ticket Midseason Pricing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts