Here come the price increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I still have Total Choice +, where does the rate increase end up with that as a grandfathered package ?

The prices normally go up 2-3 dollars a year, looks like this year it's up 5-6 dollars, without any addl. programming ...... Thats ridiculous.

I have Total Choice + (SD). I pay $57.99 per month now and, according to the list, I pay $3.50 more per month to $61.49. I'm still paying less than my mother does for her cable and I get more channels.

DirecTV needs to start adding some more channels. Or I think there will be more people who won't be inclined to put up with the routine, annual rate increase without getting back something for the increase.

That's great prices go up but no Versus. It's so ridiculous. I'm seriously considering to switching to Dish when their new DVR comes out next year.

The prices keep increasing every year, but where is the ceiling to all of this?

10 years ago the "DISH Network everyting pack" was $69.99/mo" and by the time I added all the additional receivers and extras I was looking at around $90.

Look at my bill today, and I think im right around $145 with (6) HD/DVR's, Locals, Super Stations, HD and the everything Pack.

Its going in the Direction where 7 years from now we are looking at $200/mo for TV. Where is it going to get to the point where people say enough is enough and just stop buying expensive programming packages and stick with the basics?

I know this is a Directv thread and I got Dish, but seriously enough is enough.

I really think we need to find a way to make alacarte an option. Subscribe to any one of the packages with the channels you want to watch, go online and start unchecking the channels you do not want and watch the savings add up at the bottom of the screen.

The whole problem with this industry is that all these channels show the same crap, and nobody watches half of them, yet the station gets the renveue from everyone.

I don't know about anyone else here, but im at the point where I don't watch TV anymore because its all fricken re-runs

The increase is fine with me. Not sure why people can not understand that just because no programming was added monthly fees can't change? People need to look beyond programming because they need to cover benefits for its employees, new satellite and other expense items. What happens if in May they turn on 15 new HD national channels like AMC, Travel, ESPNU etc. Will this be acceptable then?

The increase is fine with me. Not sure why people can not understand that just because no programming was added monthly fees can't change? People need to look beyond programming because they need to cover benefits for its employees, new satellite and other expense items. What happens if in May they turn on 15 new HD national channels like AMC, Travel, ESPNU etc. Will this be acceptable then?

I'm an installer and let me tell you - I've seen nothing but a decrease in pay! So where is this money going?

I'm an installer and let me tell you - I've seen nothing but a decrease in pay! So where is this money going?

Have the costs to run the company gotten cheaper? Unless your vehicle is provider by you, I can assure you the cost to run it has gone up. Health Benefits are not getting any cheaper and are only going to get worse with that supposed Health Bill when it gets passed. Energy to operate their buildings are also not decreasing. Everyone needs to look outside the programming as a reason for cost increases.

I not seeing any increased benefits this year, or last.

Most installer use there own truck/van , hsp will provide a van but the installer pays the hsp for the right to use it.

I was against this when they first mentioned it back in the summer and I am still against it. personally I really was hooping as I was not the only person who suggested having a small increase or no increase at all to show customers we under tough economic times but company decided to give a big FU to the employees who they ask opinions of. dont know why they ask for our opinion if they are not going to listen.

According to the press release:

TOTAL CHOICE® PLUS $61.49/mo. SELECT will increase $3.00/mo.

http://www.directv.com/email/30896-...df?CMP=EMC-MQ-CS&ATT=120-FV-V1-091227final&m=

Good catch, I read thru that a few times and missed it. :eek:

$ 3. per month I can handle, originally some looked like $ 5 +
Prices always go up by about $ 3.

Eventually, yes the will price themselves too high for many.
My programming use to be about $ 40 p/m now it's over $ 60.

Not including the HD fee that should be done away with , of course they won't do that, look at the money they are making from it.

HD IS not in every house, true, but it's in a lot more now than it was 5 years ago.

If you say then the Non HD people are paying for it for you ..... give them a $ 10 discount p/m, times are hard now, many can't afford it.

Now they are planning on making another ton of money by increasing the DVR fee that I think most companies include, going up from 6 (already too much) to 7.

How many people have DVR's on thier accounts ?
Only saving grace here is the fact that you pay for it once a month and it covers ALL the DVR's on your account.

I haven't had Cable in ages, do they pay for the HD fee and a DVR fee or are they probably included in the cost of the package ?

Good catch, I read thru that a few times and missed it. :eek:

$ 3. per month I can handle, originally some looked like $ 5 +
Prices always go up by about $ 3.

Eventually, yes the will price themselves too high for many.
My programming use to be about $ 40 p/m now it's over $ 60.

Not including the HD fee that should be done away with , of course they won't do that, look at the money they are making from it.

HD IS not in every house, true, but it's in a lot more now than it was 5 years ago.

If you say then the Non HD people are paying for it for you ..... give them a $ 10 discount p/m, times are hard now, many can't afford it.

Now they are planning on making another ton of money by increasing the DVR fee that I think most companies include, going up from 6 (already too much) to 7.

How many people have DVR's on thier accounts ?
Only saving grace here is the fact that you pay for it once a month and it covers ALL the DVR's on your account.

I haven't had Cable in ages, do they pay for the HD fee and a DVR fee or are they probably included in the cost of the package ?

no they just charge more for box rental where i live comcast is the cable provider with bright house north of me. both have the same fees

sd digital box 10 dollars
hd digital 15
DVR sd digital 15
hddvr 20

I still have Total Choice +, where does the rate increase end up with that as a grandfathered package ?

So now, it looks like the difference between TC+ & Choice Xtra, is now only going to be $2.50 for the SAME thing. (was $3) I guess before too long, there will be NO difference (pricewise) between the two, which obviously D* is working toward.

As far as the increased DVR fee - I am SO glad that I sprung the $249 for the lifetime when I could; one of the best purchases I ever made! :D

I'm the dishnetwork customer!

But this is not should reall shock to anyone
Always like NEW YEAR” comes around; everything goes UP!
Not only these companies every damn thing. Such as SUX & get use to it !

I am not happy about my package going up $6.00 a month...but I'll not watch a pay per view movie to pay for it.....I also see a lot of complaining about nothing new along with this price increase. Believe me, I am no fanboy...DirecTV has fallen from grace lately with their customer service issues...But if you participate in the CE testing you would see some cool stuff coming out like MRV. It's not cheap to develop new software like that......and, and yes I am keeping my fingers crossed....D12 is set to launch today....hopefully we will see some new programming from that bird in a few months....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)