Herring Networks lawsuit claims AT&T broke promise to carry its channels on DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Herring Networks lawsuit claims AT&T broke promise to carry its channels on DirecTV http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...t-ct-herring-networks-att-20160311-story.html
But AT&T has focused more of its energy on DirecTV. The suit contends that AT&T promised to put Herring’s channels on DirecTV in return for Herring’s support of AT&T’s acquisition of DirecTV, which made AT&T the nation’s largest pay TV operator.See the most-read stories in Entertainment this hour >>
However, after the merger was complete, Herring contends, AT&T reneged on its agreement and its channels aren’t on DirecTV.“AT&T’s statements were deceptive,” Herring alleges in the 31-page complaint. “Instead of expanding U-verse, AT&T planned to contract it. AT&T also hid its plan from regulators during the acquisition approval process. It was not until after governmental agencies approved the DirecTV transaction that AT&T came clean about its plan to wind down U-Verse in favor of the DirecTV platform."A Herring representative told the Los Angeles Times that AT&T should carry the two channels, which combined cost 12 cents a month per subscriber home in carriage fees. The company contends that's a small amount."The lawsuit is baseless," AT&T said in a statement."We have offered to carry both channels on DirecTV at reasonable, market-based terms. This lawsuit is simply a ploy by Herring to negotiate a slanted deal."

One America News Channel, and AWE, A Wealth of Entertainment Channel. Both are very good channels, well worth 12 cents a month for both of them. DTV budgets so much for endless sports channels it is ridiculous. I guess how else will these pro athletes make $50 million a year for putting on some gym shorts and stuffing a ball in the basket.

Reactions: ComcastOgre
One America News Channel, and AWE, A Wealth of Entertainment Channel. Both are very good channels, well worth 12 cents a month for both of them. DTV budgets so much for endless sports channels it is ridiculous. I guess how else will these pro athletes make $50 million a year for putting on some gym shorts and stuffing a ball in the basket.
SPORTS MAKES money for them .... these two channels probably don't have as many viewers together than espn 17.

You REALLY think D* is paying these players ?

SPORTS MAKES money for them .... these two channels probably don't have as many viewers together than espn 17.

You REALLY think D* is paying these players ?

They sure aren't making money from me. I dumped U-verse recently and switched to Dish. DTV is great for sports fans, but much more expensive if you don't care for NFL etc.

And of course your DirecTV bill goes to pay these athletes.

They sure aren't making money from me. I dumped U-verse recently and switched to Dish. DTV is great for sports fans, but much more expensive if you don't care for NFL etc.

And of course your DirecTV bill goes to pay these athletes.
Most of the channels that subsidise the NFL in some way are on both providers, except for Sunday Ticket, which you don't have to pay for if you don't want it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)