Hi from MOOVlab Boston

i'd like to have more experimental audio along with the interesting visuals. i think most of us have our Voom hooked up to our home theater audio systems. it would be nice to demo both HD and 5.1 audio for our guests.
btw, my 5 year old is a fan of Moov.

frank

stevegarfield said:
Hi,
I've got a question for you.
1. When do you watch MOOV?
2. Do you have it on in the morning?
3. Does anyone have it on during the day in an office or public location?
4. Do you head over to Sears on a lunch break to watch a quick half hour?
5. Are there MOOV parties forming all over America to watch MOOV at night? ;-)

Let us know.

Thanks,
--Steve
1. Usually late at night after 3 or 4 beers. :yes
2. No, I can't drink beer in the morning, I must work to support this insane HD habit. ;)
3. I don't know anyone else besides Sears that even has Voom. :no
4. No. Why bother when my setup at home is 100 times better. :D
5. :shocked See #1, does a party of 1 count? :p

Steve, I don't watch MOOV a lot but I do enjoy it (see #1 above). The problem I have with MOOV is that it seems everytime I turn it on, I am seeing something that I've already seen and I haven't seen that much of it.

I would like to see (as mentioned above) HD clips from Dance Clubs or other natural everyday goings-on type stuff, like a HD camera setup in Times Square or something just catching a glimpse of everyday life.

Keep up the good work.

I've only been voOming for two days, but mOov is my early favorite.
It's great for mindless visuals while riding an exercise bike -- and I find
I like it even better when I listen to music of my choosing instead of
what's actually being broadcast. Today, it was a Linkin Park DVD-A --
set it off nicely.

I have yet to watch MOOV for more than a min or so. I cant see watching it under its current format. Maybe if it was set to some music I liked or something interesting to watch. I just find the whole videoart thing to much for me to handle. Its a ch thats different for sure...but it isnt for me.

New programming from Moovlab Boston!

Hi guys,
While in the Moovlab Boston office yesterday, working on fresh new programming for the MOOV channel, I noticed that VOOM is now showing a ton of new pieces that we recently created!

Yay!

We hope that you like them.

--Steve

Behind the Scenes

Hi,
I recently shot a behind-the-scenes video to give you an idea of how we produce pieces. It's called Micro Machines, and shows our intern, Andy, producing a segment.

Management likes the idea of shooting these kinds of segments for our weblog, so I'm working on another one and will have it up on the web soon!
--Steve

Steve,

thanks for continuing posting. I know you told me before that this is not your function but it will really help if we (customers) had a way of knowing the time and date that the new material will be shown. The current PG (on the receiver and the VOOM schedule on their website) only lists "video Art" as programming information. This week it shows a new piece called "Tank" that we know at what time and date it will be shown and even the most curious person will turn to it just to see what it is.

If you (somehow) could push, having a PG with useful information of the material (date and time), it will greatly enhance the viewing of MOOV as it will give a chance to see what's going on. Right now, we need to sit down and wait and hope to see what is going to show which very few people will do.

Yes, I completely agree with Sean. We can mention some episodes here that we really like and bring everyone's attention to something interesting, but it doesn't do any good for anyone, since there is no easy way to catch those episodes on VOOM without watching the channel for hours and hours every day, and I am afraid not too many people are ready to do that yet. We need a schedule!

What I think would be helpful too is to have a full catalog of episodes (say on your web site) with credentials and perhaps some author's comments about each, or at least some of the episodes. Such comments may help us understand and appretiate this new form of art better. (I am glad you have started moving in this direction already.)

It would be a real help if MOOV would put on a color bars pattern either early in the AM or late in the PM so we could adjust our sets to get the very best PQ. Thanks.

What has happened to Club Culture? I haven't seen that on in awhile. I love putting that on as background during parties. Hope to see more of it.

I asked VOOM

Sean Mota said:
If you (somehow) could push, having a PG with useful information of the material (date and time), it will greatly enhance the viewing of MOOV as it will give a chance to see what's going on. Right now, we need to sit down and wait and hope to see what is going to show which very few people will do.
I sent in a query to VOOM.

I'll let you know what I hear back.

We provide content to VOOM for the MOOV channel, but have nothing to do with scheduling.

The Fireworks clip was awesome! I liked the Techno 1812 Overture and finally getting to see the "fireworks" (more like pyroworks) actually in sync with the cannon blasts and there was no macro blocking or breakup of any kind and this video was a true torture test for HD.

I also liked the clip that was set to "The 4 Seasons", I saw that several days ago.

Tank is good also, I've caught the first round and though I was watching on my 27" analog TV, it looked like it was very high quality, I can't wait to catch it on my pj.

I agree about the Fireworks clip! Probably the best thing I've seen on MOOV so far. What a way to show off a tv!

TANK I'm not sure I'm sold on yet. Sure, it looks real good -- and I do own a virtual aquarium dvd, so it is something I find interesting -- but I just have a hard time imagining that I'll watch this on any kind of a regular basis. It's the sort of thing I'd have to be in just the right mood for - and what are the chances that it'll be on when I am?

VOOM responds

stevegarfield said:
I sent in a query to VOOM.

I'll let you know what I hear back.
Response (VOOM Customer Support) - 07/05/2004 06:26 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM,
At this point, I am unaware of any schedule for the MOOV channel. If at any time in the future this becomes available, we will be happy to inform you via email should this change.If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

TheTimm said:
I agree about the Fireworks clip! Probably the best thing I've seen on MOOV so far. What a way to show off a tv!

It would have been nice if they repeated it. I saw it listed 10:50-11:00pm EDT and forgot to tune in as I was watching a movie :(

stevegarfield said:
Response (VOOM Customer Support) - 07/05/2004 06:26 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM,
At this point, I am unaware of any schedule for the MOOV channel. If at any time in the future this becomes available, we will be happy to inform you via email should this change.If you have any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Steve,

I got some promising news regarding the schedule. So we may see it. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)