Hispasat Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have used a Winegard 76cm dish here in NY that works great. My elevation is 24.4 deg for 30W and is easy since the hurricane a year ago that uprooted 6 trees in my eastern LOS.

"I want to better understand the elevation of an inverted dish"

See attached.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Inverted_offset_Math.JPG
    Inverted_offset_Math.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 332
avenger said:
When using a microHD and a SG-2100, what would cause an "Out of range" error when trying to access the Hispasat satellite...

The microHD USALS program calculates +/-70 degrees from your true south satellite. If a satellite is still above the horizon, but outside of the 70 degrees USALS limit you will need to select DiSEqC 1.2 and manually drive the motor to the desired position and save as a motor position.

or

If the satellite position is within the USALS limit an east limit may have been physically set on the motor or in the microHD motor set-up menu

The microHD USALS program calculates +/-70 degrees from your true south satellite
good to know. My Coolsat was 60 degrees so it would stop at 33W when using USALS and required DIseqc 1.2 to get to 30W

When using a microHD and a SG-2100, what would cause an "Out of range" error when trying to access the Hispasat satellite...Does it have to do with setting the limit switches in the SG-2100 or some other things.

30W is out of USALS range here. I have to use DiSEqC 1.2 for that one satellite, which is another compelling reason to set up a fixed dish for 30W.

That and it takes forever to move the dish that far East and back to civilization again ;) ...

30W is out of USALS range here. I have to use DiSEqC 1.2 for that one satellite, which is another compelling reason to set up a fixed dish for 30W.

That and it takes forever to move the dish that far East and back to civilization again ;) ...[/QUOT

Sadly enough after trying to find the Hispasat satellite for almost an hour, I found it out yesterday. Then Brian pointed out what was the reason, and mentioned about the USALS out of range.

I have a Superdish and a linear LNBF, is this dish big enough for gettting good reception of the Hispasat satellite??.

Status
Please reply by conversation.