HITS Package Prices Increased

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry to hear you've given up, all I can say is I haven't given up on SRL and their programing and now my system has gotten bigger by including a Dish Network 322 with the Family Package and now with FTA and SRL now gives me 17 separate UHF channels to watch and that doesn't include what my OTA gets. Now I have both technology and no contracts and at a reasonable price and best of all I've been able to pick what channels I want. And with either UHF remote the wife can select channels in the Pick10 or Family Package else where in the house.

Sorry to hear you've given up, all I can say is I haven't given up on SRL and their programing and now my system has gotten bigger by including a Dish Network 322 with the Family Package and now with FTA and SRL now gives me 17 separate UHF channels to watch and that doesn't include what my OTA gets. Now I have both technology and no contracts and at a reasonable price and best of all I've been able to pick what channels I want. And with either UHF remote the wife can select channels in the Pick10 or Family Package else where in the house.
Sounds complicated.

Is it still possible to get an UHF remote for the DSR 410 receiver? I have 4 days of vacation coming up, so during that time I'll watch H2H some more before making a final decision. I was also thinking about possibly switching to the Pick 10 or MTV package. I also have the DN Welcome Package.

It would be nice if they could find a way to get more available channels to offer in these packages.

There are still unused transponers on AMC 18 that they could use. If only they moved some of the H2H channels from SES1 to AMC 18 they would get many more subscribers. Plus possibly use a new receiver like the DSR-600.

Is it still possible to get an UHF remote for the DSR 410 receiver? I have 4 days of vacation coming up, so during that time I'll watch H2H some more before making a final decision. I was also thinking about possibly switching to the Pick 10 or MTV package. I also have the DN Welcome Package.

I'm not sure what's available for the 410 as I'm only using 920 receivers in my setup, maybe someone else has an answer for you. You could always do what I've done and use a Channel Plus modulators to setup a Ala Carte channel, I've done that with (Sleuth) Gloo, SciFi and BBC America channel on my 3 other 920's.

Where's the Netflix and the Roku??? ;)

I have 4 days of vacation coming up, so during that time I'll watch H2H some more before making a final decision.

I might be in Monroeville this weekend so I possibly could stop in and watch H2H with you! On a more serious note, I might be interested in the 410 for my father in law. If I wait for the classified I might not have a chance at it because of a possible PM issue! I have PM'd you many times in the last few months on different things and I never heard back from you! Am I on your "do not call" list??? :eek:

If the subscriber numbers are low it wouldn't be in their interest to supply us with additional channels and to provide an updated receiver.

Unfortunately this is not a valid point these days, especially the part about an updated receiver. No one was interested in doing that when the numbers were up, so no way is that even going to be a remote possibility regardless. As far as adding new chs, you first have to have a service provider who is even interested in doing this to begin with. This doesn't seem to describe Skyvision nor SRL unfortunately. They don't seem to be motivated to do much of anything when it comes to HITS, thus leaving folks like me with no motivation to even support the service.

Is it still possible to get an UHF remote for the DSR 410 receiver?

Maybe you should look into a 922 or 920 receiver that comes with a UHF remote. Unfortunately these units have been fetching good money lately on Ebay so look around. Then send the unit away to get updates installed and the guide will work like it should when you sub to HITS. The updated guide works on some of the other channels too when they go ITC! ;)

The 410 has uhf capabilities?
Hmmm...I can control the 922 with the tx led covered (via uhf) and the 410 doesnt respond. I have to point straight at the 410 to get it to respond. If it was a remote address issue the 410 would not respond at all, even to IR, correct?
I dont remember seeing a uhf ant connector on the back of the 410 either.....hmmmm
Now I've got to pull it out and look. Sure would be nice if it would work uhf too.

I dont remember seeing a uhf ant connector on the back of the 410

In the information about the receiver it shows that there was a UHF extender that was sold separately

What I can't understand, what exactly is it about HITS that some folks like? The selection is sad..nothing worth subbing to in my opin.

On a side note, I searched listings on Ebay the other day for 4dtv. There was one auction where there were 20 or 30 bidders bidding on a 922 with an hd200. They were up to like 160 bucks when I found that auction. What in the world would anybody want with an hd200 these days? Mine has been collecting dust for quite some time now. It's basically useless IMO.

I sold mine last yr. to some guy up in Canada and he was really wanting it bad. Maybe they got something going on up there which these are good for that we don't know about here in US.

So what is the verdict on the 410 and 4DTV for you? :confused:

My subscription ended this past Monday and I'm raising the white flag on H2H. Once again my wife and daughter never touched it and even when I sat down to watch I found that I quickly turned it off in favor of FTA, OTA and Dish's Welcome Package due to lack of channels and decent programming. I'll probably place the receiver within the Satellite Guys classifieds this weekend if I get time.

Now since I have a 6' C band dish free, I'm thinking about installing an additional C band LNBF this weekend and trying to receive both Galaxy 17 and Galaxy 16 at 8 degrees apart. This would allow me to still receive the DMX music channels in addition to KRBK FOX HD, Global Digital Media feeds, NBC Casper, EScapes, My Family TV, Puerto Rico Networks, Pentagon, World Harvest Channels (Green Acres), Live Well Network, CW Networks, Reelz HD, EWTN Networks, BYU TV HD, Classic Arts Showcase and other channels using a modern OpenBox S9 HD receiver with DVR for a cost of $0 a month. The money I get for the DSR-410 receiver can go towards pizza and beer. :)

I might be interested in the 410 for my father in law. If I wait for the classified I might not have a chance at it because of a possible PM issue! I have PM'd you many times in the last few months on different things and I never heard back from you! Am I on your "do not call" list??? :eek:

Hey Popcorn,

Did you read this from post 189? ;)

Hey Popcorn,

Did you read this from post 189? ;)

Sorry, I didn't even see that. I'll hang onto the receiver for a few weeks until I make a definite decision. I'll still adjust the dish away from AMC18 this weekend and place the DSR-410 receiver in a box. I guess I keep on hoping for some good news about HITS and might need the receiver again someday, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I received your PMs and thank you. I just haven't had a chance to reply with so much going on in my life right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)