Hmmm... Super Powers

I told Chuck to keep his trap shut on my giving away of the 2014 version of the Hopper.......

I just hope they fix some things. Both of our Hoppers freeze up when we try to watch a program on the living room Hopper from the bedroom Hopper and vise versa. It's really frustrating. So I hope for a super power fix. They used to work flawlessly.

I just hope they fix some things. Both of our Hoppers freeze up when we try to watch a program on the living room Hopper from the bedroom Hopper and vise versa. It's really frustrating. So I hope for a super power fix. They used to work flawlessly.

Hopefully so,chances are they will add more,causing things that currently work to break.

No but I do wish I could watch my security cameras on the Hopper... At the moment I have the DVR run to a 24 inch TV on the side of the big TV so I can keep an eye on things. :)

I have mine hooked to the 63" tv thru one of the many other inputs other than HDMI. Also, on my computer and Iphone.

Not sure what to think, I don't think it's additional tuners. Have to wonder though what could be next?

ahh ha!! I have figured the mystery out,you will no longer need glasses to read the small font.The hopper will have the ability of super size fonts!

Hopefully a keyboard remote control. This would greatly improve search as well the social media apps.

The "clip feature" they touted a while back would also be a good feature too.

Announcement of Disney agreement with a Disney/ABC/ESPN apps on the Hopper :)

Hey have throw out all kids of ideas right!

Not sure what to think, I don't think it's additional tuners. Have to wonder though what could be next?
Additional tuners via PTAT, but not merely limited to the locals or Primetime. That'd be too good be to be true though.

After I posted this thread I have kept asking how they could make the Hopper better... and honestly its hard to answer I mean how can you make the best made DVR better? Sure the software needs some tweaking but that's par for the course.

More tuners? Would be nice to have 5, but honestly having 2 hoppers is so much better then having one. More drive space plus redundancy so if one Hopper fails you can still watch tv in your house. It would however be nice to have 2 Hopper merge together seamlessly as one. You should not need to know which Hopper you are watching from, you should just turn on your Joey and watch TV and access all your recordings.

Wireless Keyboard? Yes this would be nice! I don't understand why they don't have support now for wireless USB keyboards. It would make things a lot more enjoyable especially in their social apps.

More Apps?! Yes! Now that Blockbuster has failed, would it really hurt DISH to offer a Netflix app on the Hopper? Of for that matter an App store which let me pick and choose which apps I want! I recently got a Samsung Smart TV and am blown away by the apps it offers, why cant I do that on my Hopper and never have to change the input on my TV?

Video Chat Support? Yes! This would be cool, My family has already started using Skype on their XBOX Ones, imagine doing it through the Hopper... For that matter make low cost IP Phone support available to those who have their Hoppers plugged into broadband. A lot of people would be able to eliminate their land line phone service with this!

But a lot of what I said above is all software releated... how can they make the hardware better? As I said before what they got there now is going to be hard to improve on... in fact the only thing I can think of that I would like to see is USB 3.0 support to speed up EHD transfers and have the wired Ethernet ports Gigabit instead of 10/100 this would help many of us in streaming movies from our DLNA servers. :)

After I posted this thread I have kept asking how they could make the Hopper better... and honestly its hard to answer I mean how can you make the best made DVR better? ...

Considering the big press release that went along with them adding something like HDMI-CEC, it seems possible that what Dish considers "super power" additions may be much less "super" than what us SatGuys might consider "super". (i.e. underwhelming when compared to some of the larger suggestions in this thread so far)

I'm betting it's not about features at all aside from a minor polish. I bet it's a new marketing campaign. Goodbye Boston Guys, hello some Dish-invented superhero.

Considering the big press release that went along with them adding something like HDMI-CEC, it seems possible that what Dish considers "super power" additions may be much less "super" than what us SatGuys might consider "super". (i.e. underwhelming when compared to some of the larger suggestions in this thread so far)

While not a big deal to you, its a big deal to DISH as it is the first consumer electronics receiver which uses HDMI-CEC, so they wanted to toot their horn.

I have a feeling at CES a lot of the press will be saying WOW with whatever DISH announces. For us hard core satellite freaks will it be a big deal? That I don't know... but I do know that I like a good surprise! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts