Homeland: Showtime

Wow season finale next week already. I get so frustrated with how short the seasons are. I'm very confused as to why the CIA guy (can't remember his name) was in the car. Something doesn't make sense there.

Dar Adal. Not sure why either.

Weird season finale. Very little got resolved, and if it did, was not clear. Then an entirely new plot line. The show redeemed itself from last year fairly well. But the ending was, "uh, OK."

Underwhelmed by the finale but mostly because the rest of the season was so good. I'm not much interested in Carrie's family stuff.

No telling what this means for the next season as they ignored a major plot point, running the agent in Iran, from last season.

I stopped watching after season 2. Found season 2 quite disappointing. Absolutely loved season 1. I think I got tired of all of Carrie's whining and stuff.

S~

Still watch'n it and luv'n it. This season was an tremendous reboot in my mind. As for the last episode, yeah I can see people's disappointment given the title of the episode.. Carrie's demons were front and center. Bonding with her daughter as best she can, the alienation and finally the acknowledgment of her mothers affairs and the brief interlude with Quinn seem tame compared to Islamabad.. Saul's going to be divorced I bet by next season. I think his wife will finally have had it. Haqqani lives to see another day. I hope the "drone queen" keeps that in mind with her next desk Syria.

'Homeland' Announces Big Time Jump For Season 5 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...on-5_n_6823890.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
"Homeland" is having a major shakeup for Season 5.At a panel at Los Angeles PaleyFest on Friday night, co-creator Alex Gansa revealed the show would jump forward 2 1/2 years for the upcoming season. He also revealed Carrie will no longer have the C.I.A position she'd held since the series' inception."We are going to be shooting the show in Europe, probably in Germany, and Carrie will no longer be an intelligence officer," he said.For fans who stopped watching "Homeland" after -- spoiler alert -- the character Brody was killed off at the end of Season 3, this sure sounds like the perfect time to hop back on board: Carrie living in Germany (probably), not working as an intelligence officer and, surely, getting up to her own new kinds of no good.

Homeland: Carrie's Got a New Boyfriend, and More Season 5 Castings https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/homeland-carries-got-boyfriend-more-224656705.html
Quinn who?When Homeland returns for Season 5 this fall, Carrie Mathison will have a new man on her arm: Alexander Fehling (Inglourious Basterds) will play Jonas Happich, a lawyer dating the former Islamabad station chief during her self-imposed exile in Berlin.In addition to Fehling, Showtime announced three additional series-regular castings Monday: Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rings films) as Allison Carr, the current Berlin Chief of Station, who’s working directly under Saul; Sebastian Koch (A Good Day to Die Hard) as Otto Düring, a German philanthropist and Carries’ boss; and Sarah Sokolovic (The Good Wife) as an American journalist in Berlin who works for the foundation where Carrie and Jonas are employed.The drama’s fifth season will pick up nearly three years after the Season 4 finale, which found Quinn and Carrie going their separate ways.Homeland begins filming its upcoming season this week in Germany.

'Homeland' Season 5 First Look: Carrie's in Trouble (Again) https://www.yahoo.com/tv/homeland-season-5-trailer-claire-danes-homeland-123651214525.html
After a stellar bounce-back season last fall, Homeland is rebooting itself again in Season 5, with the action moving to Berlin and Carrie Mathison having quit the CIA and working in the private sector. But don’t worry: Based on the first-look trailer above, Carrie’s still in plenty of international peril.We see Carrie’s mentor Saul once again reading her the riot act because she’s turned her back on her old life: “What are you atoning for? Keeping America safe?” (He also says she’s being “naive and stupid,” for the record.) Carrie shoots back: “I’m not atoning; I’m just doing good work.”But that work still puts her in physical danger, obviously: Carrie gets roughly kidnapped with a bag thrown over her head, and put in a chokehold by a mystery assailant — all in 30 seconds! Plus, we catch glimpses of kickass operative Quinn; Carrie protecting her new boss, German philanthropist Otto During (Sebastian Koch); and, of course, lots of explosions. C’mon, this is still Homeland, after all.

I'm really looking forward to this season. The first season of Homeland was probably some of the best TV I've ever seen. Season two was decent but not as good, three took a nosedive and last year was awful IMO. I'm optimistic that Homeland will rebound. This show needs more of the suspense back in had in the Brody days and less of Carrie being a wackjob.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I think it would be so much nicer to get more in to Jessica.:biggrin
Morena%20Baccarin%20-%20Hot%20at%20Emmy-02.jpg

Weird, I thought last season was the best since the first.

I'm curious where this is heading, the creators said in response to the Paris attacks they were going to come up with different bad guys. :thumbdown if true.

I think it would be so much nicer to get more in to Jessica.:biggrin

While we'll probably never see Jessica Brody again, Morena Baccarin was in the last two episodes of Gotham that I watched, before I quite watching it. Not sure if it's a permanent role or not.

I dropped it after the second season. Got tired of the whining. Maybe I'll watch it in its entirety in the future.

S~

Don't bother if you got tired of the whining....just gets worse each season.

Mega Buzz: Is There Hope for Carrie and Quinn on Homeland? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/mega-buzz-hope-carrie-quinn-homeland-000004996.html
This article, Mega Buzz: Is There Hope for Carrie and Quinn on Homeland?, originally appeared on TVGuide.com.There's a host of changes heading Carrie Mathison's way on Homeland.The new season, which picks up two years after the end of Season 4, finds Carrie (Claire Danes) working for a private security firm in Berlin. "Carrie really isn't an intelligence officer this season," executive producer Alex Gansa tells TVGuide.com. "She's definitely rejected her past. She is trying to find a way to forgive herself for all the stuff that she's done throughout her career, and she's begun to question if any of it made any difference at all --whether she made any significant difference in the world. We actually find her doing something almost 180 degrees opposite to what she was doing in the CIA."And she's made a 180 on the personal front as well, as evidenced by her raising her daughter with her new lawyer boyfriend Jonas Happich (Alexander Fehling)."She has also been released from a false worldview of herself," Gansa says. "Her mother told her at the end of last season, 'Have a relationship! Your illness isn't keeping you from that.' So, we do find her in a very domestic arrangement with a guy, and that gives a whole different flavor to the season."

Homeland's Season 5 Trailer Will Leave You Breathless https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/homelands-season-5-trailer-leave-breathless-182751085.html
This article, Homeland's Season 5 Trailer Will Leave You Breathless, originally appeared on TVGuide.com.Just when Carrie Matheson (Claire Danes) thought she was out ...The official full-length trailer for Season 5 of Homelandis finally here, and it seems like - surprise, surprise - Carrie is not going to be able to put her CIA past behind her as easily as she might hope.Picking up two years after the end of Season 4 (which you can tell by how insanely big Carrie's daughter has gotten), the new season finds Carrie living as a civilian, working as the head of security for a philanthropist in Berlin. But when a security breach leads to the release of hundreds of classified surveillance documents, Carrie's former CIA colleagues turn their attention to her - as a suspect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)