hooking up Motorola DSR505

grate

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
We are presently putting together our first HT system, but have a challenge regarding how to config the hookup for our needs.In reading the various forums I understand that this satellite receiver has DVI connect not HDMI so we have bought the adapter.Our challenge is, we want to connect the satellite box to the AVR for surround sound re: concerts & movies, but we don't want to fire it up for ordinary programing and news.For that we will connect the audio cables from the sat box directly to the tv ( sony bravia XRB4) & the component cables likewise.
However do we also need to connect in addition to the DVI/HDMI cable to the AVR, audio cables to the AVR, ? if so..how do we accomplish both?
In other words, how do we configure the hookup to use the TV thru the AVR when desired, with the option of just watching the TV by itself?
Hope this isn't 'as clear as mud,' as my mother used to say!
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
THX.

DSR 505 follow up

The DSR 505 DOES have 2 sets of 'audio' out jacks to suffice our needs, Sorry bout that guys.....My Bad!
Only decision now is ...Is it worth it to purchase 'Optic fibre ' cable to connect sat box audio to the Onkyo TX SR705 to get the most out of the various audio formats.
I have bought good quality coaxial digital cable for satellite direct to TV audio, should be enough for the onboard TV speakers, their not the best so I don't care.

You want to run DVI/HDMI to the display from the satellite receiver, as well as analog audio. Then run either digital coax or optical (either one, they both carry the same formats) from the satellite receiver to the audio receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts