Hopper 3 - 10 Sec. Skip Back

Myopic_Void

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2022
USA
Is anybody else having issues with the 10 second skip back function on their Hopper 3? Mine seems not to work on the first press. The picture will freeze momentarily but then continue from the current location. A second press of the button will get it to do the skip back but even then it isn't always a full 10 second skip. More like 5 seconds sometimes. Two rapid presses seems to get it to do the full 20 second skip back like it should. I've tried restarting the unit but that doesn't make any difference.

You are not alone. My issue is the opposite. Skipping forward is sometimes a mess. One quick press. (15 or 30 secs. Can't remember now!) Then another one. Oops. Too far. I have to skip back. Especially 6:30 national news recordings. Instead, I press and hold skip button and stop when the coms are over. It is something I have learned to live with it. Hopper3, too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is anybody else having issues with the 10 second skip back function on their Hopper 3? Mine seems not to work on the first press. The picture will freeze momentarily but then continue from the current location. A second press of the button will get it to do the skip back but even then it isn't always a full 10 second skip. More like 5 seconds sometimes. Two rapid presses seems to get it to do the full 20 second skip back like it should. I've tried restarting the unit but that doesn't make any difference.
Yes. Exactly the same thing.

I have the same problem that began on August 1st when software version H357 was downloaded at 3:54 AM that morning. It's annoying and makes it more difficult to use the skip back button accurately.

One interesting observation, wondering if others see this too… even tho I am having the skip backwards issue and generally worse performance with recordings/live tv… The controls while watching on demand content seem to work just fine/as expected.

yep exact same problem here. Glad it's not just me...

Yes on my first press of trying to go back in a recording the picture actually jumps forward and then when I press again it works normally. Just started doing that within a couple of weeks

The first issue I had was when I was recording a college football and start watch from the beginning an hour into the Game (recording) when I went for skip over a commercial it would say “Live TV” and wound not fast forward. The next game I did the same thing I had no issues. Then the 3rd game doing the same (late start), I hit the 30 second skip ahead and it jump a full hour or more to the Live game.

Hard drive shows no errors. Support had no clue

The first issue I had was when I was recording a college football and start watch from the beginning an hour into the Game (recording) when I went for skip over a commercial it would say “Live TV” and wound not fast forward. The next game I did the same thing I had no issues. Then the 3rd game doing the same (late start), I hit the 30 second skip ahead and it jump a full hour or more to the Live game.

This issue is fixed in new software if you're not on something that ends in 5 you can update and it will resolve the issue.

This issue is fixed in new software if you're not on something that ends in 5 you can update and it will resolve the issue.

I'm having similar issues. I have difficulty watching any paused programming. Anytime I try to skip ahead it will inevitably jump to Live. This is very annoying and makes it almost impossible to watch something after the show has been paused. I end up trying to rewind and fast forward to try and get back to where I was in the program, but it is very difficult and quite frustrating.

I'm having similar issues. I have difficulty watching any paused programming. Anytime I try to skip ahead it will inevitably jump to Live. This is very annoying and makes it almost impossible to watch something after the show has been paused. I end up trying to rewind and fast forward to try and get back to where I was in the program, but it is very difficult and quite frustrating.
Engineering team started looking into this yesterday and I believe they already have a fix identified...hopefully it can make it to production soon.

for this issue, does it matter if the programming being recorded is via OTA/dual adapter or from satellite?
I have updated to H365 yesterday a.m. Last night watching a playback of a program that had completed recording (OTA/d.adapter) tried to skip ahead at commercial break and it kept rewinding backward about 10-20 seconds. Had to leave viewing the recording, go to another random channel, then go back to that recording and hit Resume to view the remainder of the show (and the skip forward 30 seconds worked from that point forward to end of show)

for this issue, does it matter if the programming being recorded is via OTA/dual adapter or from satellite?
I have updated to H365 yesterday a.m. Last night watching a playback of a program that had completed recording (OTA/d.adapter) tried to skip ahead at commercial break and it kept rewinding backward about 10-20 seconds. Had to leave viewing the recording, go to another random channel, then go back to that recording and hit Resume to view the remainder of the show (and the skip forward 30 seconds worked from that point forward to end of show)
Not that I'm aware of but to be honest we don't test recording on OTA as much as other content - I will set up some tests now.