Hopper 3 Timer Shortcomings and Frustrations

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
A lot of issues are blended in multiple threads and not categorized according to specific topic.

Maybe this will anchor concerns for timers on the H3.

Frustrating: Search for Jack Black and try to record Kung Fu Panda 2. The only option is to buy it by subscribing to On Demand. If you scroll down to Record When Available, the only option shows spanish description leading one to think it'll only be recorded when it's on in spanish. Huh? How about a simple Name Based Record timer?

--------------------------------------

I have a partial recording of The Fifth Element. I want to set a recording to catch it the next time it airs. I can search for the title, but it only returns the result for the recording that exist in the HD. I can delete the recording, but then the search result only gives the option to restore the deleted recording. I have to go to TitanV to search the next airing, then manually go there in the guide to set the record event. Should be easier than that.

--------------------------------------

I have the 2nd and 3rd Lord of the Rings movies. I want to get the 1st. I cannot set a seek timer for it; buying it On Demand is the only option. There needs to be a Record Future Event option, and there is... for movies from 1978 and 1980! I want the one from 2001.

----------------------------------------

On the timer management screen: Having 16 tuners really alleviates almost any concerns for conflicts, thus making timer prioritization really low value. You can order timers alphabetically, which makes it far easier to find and work with timers. But everytime you enter the Timer menu, they revert to being sorted numerically.

Can we have them stay sorted as we left them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)