Hopper and Super Joey - Problem - Stumped - No clue what is wrong.

senchin

Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Ok I am experiencing a problem and I just can't figure out if there is anything I am doing wrong. I have a SJ and a HWS with one additional Joey. When I power up everything sees everything and works. Approximately 5 minutes later, if I try to change channels on the Hopper, I get blank screens on all channels. I can change channels on the SJ without a problem. This is where it gets strange. If I go into Broadband and do a reset of network, the Hopper gets picture immediately. The SJ stops working because the MoCA network is resetting etc. As soon as the SJ synchs, if I change channel on the HWS, each channel is blank. If I disconnect the SJ MoCA / Coax connection, the HWS starts working again. So here is my question. What do you think is bad? Is it the Solo Node not working correctly? Is it the splitter or is it the integrator? I have replaced every cable with RG6Q so it can't be a cable issue. I am now stumped and do not know what to do next. Any advice would be greatly appreciative.

Finally got a hold of a new integrator and this did not solve my problem. I think for some reason the HWS is not seeing the extra tuners from the SJ is presenting. So clarification, I have a few questions:

1. Once the SJ is connected, it should present the extra 2 tuners to the hopper? Is that correct? So when I do a check switch on the Hopper, the hopper should see 5 tuners?
2. On the Super Joey, if I press the red button on the remote, I have 3 of 5 tuners listed. Should I see the that on the Hopper?
3. Would any cabling between a DP44 and the LNB's cause any issues like this? i.e. for the Hopper or the Super Joey not to see the extra tuners?
4. Does a SJ need to be on 119 to function? (Someone informed me that SJ needed 119 to be activated on but can operate on 72,77,61.5,129).

Any guru's out there with some insight would be greatly appreciative.

When I first put my super joey in , I ran a check switch check on the super joey as part of the initialization process. Then I ran a check switch run on my hopper and it showed all 5 tuners. I wonder if that was ever done the first time in your situation?

Still no luck. Re-authorized the SJ and the Hopper is still not seeing the SJ's tuners. I wonder if there is a firmware incompatibility issue with the HWS and SJ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)