Hopper Auto Tunes Each Morning

dturturro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Each morning when I turn on my Hopper with Sling it has tuned to HBO2, even though I was not tuned to that channel, nor did I record on it overnight. Is there a way to correct this?

No. It is a feature added in on S520 and S60:mad:whatever the latest is for h2k). It tunes to the most watched channel.

It's a neat idea of a feature... And I am sure that my thoughts on it are matched by the engineers.... Not that many people would notice or care, and it might even speed things up, but now that it has gone into practice it is easy to see its epic failures. In the long run the best things to do is leave it on last channel watched. Only person that can get in trouble with that is someone that is doing something they shouldn't be doing. Lol.

I set a auto tune timer for 6:00am Mon-Friday for my local ota channel. That way it defaults where I want it to .

The problem is that you shouldn't have to do this, period. I always manually tune to my local when turning everything off at bedtime. Now when I get up in the morning I have no clue what channel it is going to be on! It absolutely is not geared to go to the channel most watched. If it was it would never go to Disney Jr or several other channels I never watch. Waiting for it to start being on one of the shopping networks when I get up. Makes much more sense if Dish wants to force me to watch something I'm not interested in! Being a known issue is probably one of the reasons the rollout of S520 was stopped.

Reactions: dishrich
The problem is that you shouldn't have to do this, period. I always manually tune to my local when turning everything off at bedtime. Now when I get up in the morning I have no clue what channel it is going to be on! It absolutely is not geared to go to the channel most watched. If it was it would never go to Disney Jr or several other channels I never watch. Waiting for it to start being on one of the shopping networks when I get up. Makes much more sense if Dish wants to force me to watch something I'm not interested in! Being a known issue is probably one of the reasons the rollout of S520 was stopped.
Well after almost 18 and 1/2 years with DISH and their software challenges , I have learned to do work arounds. Because their broken bugs sometimes take a long time to get fixed. The ota sub channel problem took almost a full year to get fixed and I had to learn to use manual timers to catch all my shows on Metv. This auto tune thing is a minor problem so I adapted. My solution works fine for now. I'm sure that DISH will get around to fixing it : SOOOOONNNN!!!!:biggrin2

It's not stopped. People are still receiving it. Our receiver got it less than a week ago.

Sorry about that. I don't read every post in every thread so I miss a little here and there. I saw a post in the S520 thread during the last part of April that said it had been stopped.

Is it possible...

Dish DVR 625 Installation Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts