Hopper Duo

Wrong. Hubs are always necessary. The Hub filters out some frequencies that can interfere with the Moca network. In a 1 room install that possibly means nothing, but DIsh training requires Hubs/Nodes on all Hopper family installs
But, but, but, if you don't have a Joey there is no need for a Moca network! I see that you said that, kind of, in your statement. I think it is overkill to add a hub just in case, sometime in the far off future, a sub would add a Joey. It's just another failure point that isn't necessary for a lone Hopper installation. One might prep for that addition later though by leaving a loop somewhere convenient for a future install..

But, but, but, if you don't have a Joey there is no need for a Moca network! I see that you said that, kind of, in your statement. I think it is overkill to add a hub just in case, sometime in the far off future, a sub would add a Joey. It's just another failure point that isn't necessary for a lone Hopper installation. One might prep for that addition later though by leaving a loop somewhere convenient for a future install..
Cabling has to be grounded via a ground block, at least, and since a hub is a valid ground point, no reason to not just put it in and be ready for future Joeys and not make extra work for the next guy

Reactions: charlesrshell
Cabling has to be grounded via a ground block, at least, and since a hub is a valid ground point, no reason to not just put it in and be ready for future Joeys and not make extra work for the next guy
Well, I am grounded through the DPP44 switch. (In fact, the tech who replaced the switch last time also removed the ground blocks that the previous tech had installed.) So, I am just going to hook my Hopper Duo directly to the output on the DPP44 switch and not worry about a hub.

Well, I am grounded through the DPP44 switch. (In fact, the tech who replaced the switch last time also removed the ground blocks that the previous tech had installed.) So, I am just going to hook my Hopper Duo directly to the output on the DPP44 switch and not worry about a hub.
Are you only running 1 TV?

Until tomorrow, when the ViP DVR's will no longer be an option for new customers. They have carried the higher $15 mo DVR fee for quite a while.
Thanks for the date clarification. But they also show the Hopper 3 as having a DVR fee of only $10. Dish is charging me $15/mo for the Hopper 3 I own. It that $10 Hopper 3 DVR fee a promo price? or should I call Dish?

Thanks for the date clarification. But they also show the Hopper 3 as having a DVR fee of only $10. Dish is charging me $15/mo for the Hopper 3 I own. It that $10 Hopper 3 DVR fee a promo price? or should I call Dish?

The $10 price is with the 2 year price lock which is usually only for new customers.

Reactions: pattykay
A hub doesn't only add access for the a moca network. It is required as I said, and as the OP said, to filter out unwanted frequencies to and from the lnb and moca network. Just because you have not used and seen no issue yet, doesn't mean something inside that receiver or lnb isn't going bad from IMPROPER installation. It has nothing to do with thinking on my own or not, this is a job that we are doing for dish, so we NEED to install exactly per their orders and not in any other method. Skipping components is just lazy and terrible work ethic. For the sake of the other technicians that work in your area, please just do the job right.

Reactions: HipKat
I think he was talking more about Super Joey installs for older Hoppers. It makes sense that port 2 would be disabled with a Hopper 3, since Hopper 3 does not support Super Joey.

It's also because the hopper 3 enables the channel stacking in the lnb as opposed to band stacking that the previous hoppers use

Reactions: HipKat
A hub doesn't only add access for the a moca network. It is required as I said, and as the OP said, to filter out unwanted frequencies to and from the lnb and moca network. Just because you have not used and seen no issue yet, doesn't mean something inside that receiver or lnb isn't going bad from IMPROPER installation. It has nothing to do with thinking on my own or not, this is a job that we are doing for dish, so we NEED to install exactly per their orders and not in any other method. Skipping components is just lazy and terrible work ethic. For the sake of the other technicians that work in your area, please just do the job right.

Please save your preaching for some time later than your first day here. We all didn't just fall off the turnip truck nor have we been sitting here waiting for you to educate us.

Please save your preaching for some time later than your first day here. We all didn't just fall off the turnip truck nor have we been sitting here waiting for you to educate us.

If you're so amazing, why is it you have no issue doing an installation wrong??

Dish network hopper 3

Add-on Joey Self-Install?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)