Hopper Error Message 833

rwjga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Asheville, NC
My hopper is connected to a post mounted dish located about 100 feet from my house. The cables running from the house to hopper were cut accidently. Of course I had no satellite signal. I unpluged the hopper, replaced the cables and powered the hopper back up. I goes to test for a satellite signal then goes into a message 833 that says please wait while you network table is updated. It never come out of this state. I have let it run for over 30 min. I have tested the new cables end to end and they are good. Someone have a solution?

Press the reset button and let it reboot then try the checkswitch again. If that doesn't work, run a checkswitch test with no sat cables connected. Then after that, connect the cables again and run the test one more time. If that doesn't fix it I would try removing the 61.5 from the mix and run a test and let it acquire signal and download the guide etc. After that is all up and running, reintroduce 61.5 and run the test again.

Press the reset button and let it reboot then try the checkswitch again. If that doesn't work, run a checkswitch test with no sat cables connected. Then after that, connect the cables again and run the test one more time. If that doesn't fix it I would try removing the 61.5 from the mix and run a test and let it acquire signal and download the guide etc. After that is all up and running, reintroduce 61.5 and run the test again.

I tried those three steps with no luck.

The problem turned out to be the wire in the center of the coax was too short. It was cut off at the end of the connector, but a connection to the node was not being made. Once I put a new connector on with the copper sticking out about 1/4 inch the problem was solved. I guess my node needs longer copper wire than most other connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)