Hopper Fees

davepo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Fern Creek, KY
I currently have a monthly bill of $107, AT250...$75, 622 DVR $7 fee (2005 model still working) includes lease, 2 211k's own (w/dvr) at $7 each, Blockbuster at Home...$10, HD250 free for life, all out of contract.

I've read a bunch of threads and searched but can't figure out what it would cost me to lease 2 Hoppers w/sling and a joey. I have 3 hd tv's at the moment, and will add a 4th later (buy another joey) when the basement is finished, but it won't take long for my 8 and 11 yo's to be running dish anywhere on their tablets. That's why I'm leaning towards two hoppers. I have separate rg6 runs to each location for ota, as well as cat5 to each tv location. I have a few questions I'd appreciate help with:

Monthly cost ?

Should I put both hoppers on ethernet to use both sling devices ? My main router isn't gigabit, but I plan on upgrading soon. My WAP is gigabit with 80211N. I've gathered I don't want to put the joey on the lan.

Should I put the atsc tuner on both hoppers ? I like having dual feeds in the fall/winter on my current devices.

And lastly, I know it's a stretch, but is there anyway to convert the data on my 211k EHD's so that the current recordings will work with the hoppers ? Or am I simply going to have a nutty amount of clean storage available ?

Current set up is a Turbo HD dish on the eastern arc, they upgraded it in 2011, new lnbs, don't know the vintage.

Thanks for any responses.

1st Hopper is $12
2nd Hopper is $12
Each Joey is $7

If you started with two Hoppers and one Joey you would have $31 in extra fees.

You will not be able to use recordings between the 211 and the Hopper. The EHD reformats when you switch from a 211 to a Hopper and loses the recordings.

Thanks Scherrman, $10 extra from current. I'm due for an upgrade, can't believe the 622 is still working, it was one of the earliest made.

You can have an owned 211 on the same account with Hoppers (for tail gating) so you still be able to watch you recordings on the EHD's using the 211 still would be an additional $7 per month for the 211.

Now I wish I knew where my old dishes are....hadn't thought about tailgating.

Find one on an abandoned house :) or in all seriousness, if u see one in ur neighborhood and you can see its disconnected, just ask them if u can have it. A dish with an lnb should b fairly easy and cheap/free to come by if you put some time in.

1st Hopper is $12
2nd Hopper is $12
Each Joey is $7

If you started with two Hoppers and one Joey you would have $31 in extra fees.

You will not be able to use recordings between the 211 and the Hopper. The EHD reformats when you switch from a 211 to a Hopper and loses the recordings.

I can't recall,what is the whole home dvr fee?Wouldn't that also be added to the bill?

$12 Whole-Home fee. Basically Scherrman replaced the "WHF" with the "1st Hopper fee" which are basically the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)