Hopper home networking and Apps

still no luck connecting to my network. I wonder if you guys are doing something different? I figured I would wait a bit and let the dust settle before digging in to this issues as everyone here and DIRT are busy just trying to get systems out and working and this is a smaller issue at the moment.

I would appreciate any ideas though. I tried the PS3 server and also playon, I can see playon on the PS3 and on my laptop so I know it's working. My hopper has a direct Ethernet connection to my router.

Since this thread is on home networking and apps my questions are geared to the apps portion. I have upgraded today to a two hopper 4 joey system and so far all is well, with the exception on the apps portion. I noticed I did not have the facebook app and a couple others that were in the literature as being avaiable. Is there a app store or place to go to download apps i want or like? I also noticed some apps aren't on my joey's; ie mlb app. Thanks for any replies.

I installed a hic behind my hopper using inserter, and hardwired hic into my router. Hopper and joeys are both successfully streaming using windows server and tversity. Hic is required.

You should be able to direct wire a connection between the Hopper and router and avoid the use of the HIC. It's been posted that this is the preferred connection.

I agree with James. My initial setup had Ethernet connected to 1 hopper and USB wireless on the second hopper. None of the Joey's saw a broadband connection, couldn't use any of the apps, but I could access and use ondemand. Installed HIC and all those issues went away. We even had a diagram showing a setup without the HIC, but the system will not work properly without it. Talked with two guys at tech support and the second one was one of the guys that worked with the initial testing on the hopper and he said for now the HIC is required to have broadband connection to the entire system.

With the new software mine is not working this morning. It was working (again) last night.

When I click on refresh the graphics showing it is refreshing shows for less then a second. However when I refresh when I can see my DLNA servers and click refresh the refresh graphic stays on the screen for a few seconds as it looks at the network for additional DLNA servers.

My guess is its not even trying to refresh when it can't see any servers suggestion to me that something is locked up in the TCP stack preventing the Hopper from scanning the network.

I agree with James. My initial setup had Ethernet connected to 1 hopper and USB wireless on the second hopper. None of the Joey's saw a broadband connection, couldn't use any of the apps, but I could access and use ondemand. Installed HIC and all those issues went away. We even had a diagram showing a setup without the HIC, but the system will not work properly without it. Talked with two guys at tech support and the second one was one of the guys that worked with the initial testing on the hopper and he said for now the HIC is required to have broadband connection to the entire system.

I just got off Dish Tech support chat and they told me the opposite. They said the HIC was only for those without a way to connect the Hopper to the internet via Ethernet. I think I will try the DIRT team and see if they will send me a HIC to get my Joey online and Home media DLNA working again.

1st day (Sunday) just playing around I clicked on apps and when I tried to get out of it the apps page stayed on the screen but the ch were being changed...i had to click on apps a few more times before I could close out...haven't tried it since

1st day (Sunday) just playing around I clicked on apps and when I tried to get out of it the apps page stayed on the screen but the ch were being changed...i had to click on apps a few more times before I could close out...haven't tried it since

Mine did the same thing the first time I went in there - I rebooted and it has worked fine since then.