Hopper instal ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I would like to have the hopper/joey setup installed but do not want the hassle of running additonal cables from the dish & for the joey's

Does anyone think in the near future.......the joey's will function wirelessly?

No way around using coax and needing lines from the dish. Best you can do is put the node at the dish and run a single line from the node to the Hopper. Then you must use a tap on the Joey to get it set up. After that it can be used wirelessly as long as the Hopper is connected to your router.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

currently have 2 722's. 1 is set up to feed 2 other tv's via the home distribution. Both of those tv's are hd & I would like to use them as such

No. Wi-fi. Assuming you have wireless in your home.

You set up the Joey using coax. This can be at a temporary location, just to get it working. Then plug in the wi-fi dongle in place of using the coax and you should be good to go. Let's you move your Joey to whatever TV you want to watch.

Depending upon how many Hoppers, you will need 2 or 3 coax from the dish to a single or duo node. Then one coax to each Hopper (& maybe Joey).

No. Wi-fi. Assuming you have wireless in your home.

You set up the Joey using coax. This can be at a temporary location, just to get it working. Then plug in the wi-fi dongle in place of using the coax and you should be good to go. Let's you move your Joey to whatever TV you want to watch.

Depending upon how many Hoppers, you will need 2 or 3 coax from the dish to a single or duo node. Then one coax to each Hopper (& maybe Joey).

This sounds like a good setup.........is it dependable? Why doesn't Dish support it?

This sounds like a good setup.........is it dependable? Why doesn't Dish support it?

Probably because they don't want trouble calls when interference/congestion occurs.

Probably because they don't want trouble calls when interference/congestion occurs.

If there is an issue with the network or the wifi dish is now a liability. It adds another layer of RF interfence too battle. Not all wifi networks can handle the additional load of constantly stream of HD quality pictures to multiple locations within the system. Not all wifi networks could handle the HD stream on top of customer search on demand or trying to use the apps. Not all wifi networks can reliable cover the home from end to end without cutting out.

If the joeys ever set unplugged for too long or reset improperly they need to be hardwired back into the system anyways. MoCA troubleshooting methods go out the window. Additional most techs don't have the tools(ethenert cable cat5e-6 tools) or equipment(routers switches wifi extenders) or training. to deal with network based systems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)