Hopper Install Log

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
2 hopper (both with sling) 1 joey install scheduled for today between noon and 5pm. Tech arrived at 1:30 and seems to know exactly what he is doing.

Joey is getting stuck at 49% and 50% so tech is going to replace one of the hoppers. Said in the past hopper swap has fixed it.

Last edited:
Done... was it the hopper or was it the Joey? Don't know. Everything is working now though one hopper refused to look at the others DVR claiming it isn't activated on my account. But that hopper knows it's activated, so not sure what's up. Letting tech go and we'll see if the hopper figures itself out later.

Big thanks to the Dish Network Support Staff here that got me from thinking about it on Thursday to Installed today.

There is a known issue of some joey's getting stuck at 49ish%. Sometimes restarting the joey works. Sometimes replacing node/Hopper or replacing joey. Not sure why it's happening, but I have heard of the issue.
Glad you are up and running now.

yeah, the installer was familiar with such a problem. One down side is the lack of detail trouble shooting for the installers to follow with that. As you said, it could be the node, the hopper, or the joey and there are no clear diagnostic tools for the the installers. Thus they do swapping of devices hoping to eventually find the one that is the problem. I .e. now one joey and one hopper with sling will get sent down to Texas for rebuilding and one of them is probably perfectly fine.

Not a problem for me but you would think Dish would like to reduce unnecessary movement of equipment. Plus it would speed tech times. In this case waiting for another hopper to wake up, plus another joey.

p.s. Both hoppers now can see each others DVR with the one no longer complaining about activation for the other. I can even sling from either one via the Dishanywhere website with no issue. Now to get all the timers setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)