Hopper - Mysterious disappearance of all timers & recordings

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
Tried to view a recorded show from my bedroom hopper this weekend & found that all recordings were mysteriously gone.

On further investigation all of my timers were also gone.

Software version is 222 - which has probably been on the for a few weeks, so I don't suspect the software download to have caused it - plus my primary living room hopper is unaffected.

When I tried to restore the timers from the remote it refused saying the batteries were low. After changing the remote batteries I got the same message.

I subsequently re-entered all of the timers that I could remember, and several shows successfully recorded last night.

Could this have been caused by something as simple as low batteries in the remote? Seems unlikely - the remote was still functioning - though the low battery warning had been onscreen for 2-3 days.

Any other thoughts?

Should I no longer trust this hopper & call for a replacement?

lucky86

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
By the sea, in a land called Honalee
SouthRider said:
Tried to view a recorded show from my bedroom hopper this weekend & found that all recordings were mysteriously gone.

On further investigation all of my timers were also gone.

Software version is 222 - which has probably been on the for a few weeks, so I don't suspect the software download to have caused it - plus my primary living room hopper is unaffected.

When I tried to restore the timers from the remote it refused saying the batteries were low. After changing the remote batteries I got the same message.

I subsequently re-entered all of the timers that I could remember, and several shows successfully recorded last night.

Could this have been caused by something as simple as low batteries in the remote? Seems unlikely - the remote was still functioning - though the low battery warning had been onscreen for 2-3 days.

Any other thoughts?

Should I no longer trust this hopper & call for a replacement?

The remote should have nothing to so with this. It sounds like a possible hard drive issue. Did you try resting the box?

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
Resting? Do you mean unplug & leave off for some time period?

The unit appears to be functioning normally now. Has kept timers for 2 days & has recorded several shows.

I don't understand what I would learn by "resetting" it.

At this point all it seems that I can do is to wait for it to fail again, or to return it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giant25

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 26, 2008
The same thing just happened to me, on S230. All recordings and timers were gone. A reset using the front panel magically brought all recordings and timers back. Not good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)