Hopper Plus for existing customers

blatimer1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Mississippi
Are Hopper Pluses available for existing Dish customers? They are not yet listed on MyDISH.com lol or I didn’t see it. How would existing dish customers get Hopper Plus if interested?

Are Hopper with slings (Hopper2) still being installed for customers with two TVs? Also are Hopper 3s being installed for customers with 3+ TVs?

I know the super Joeys are obsolete or going to be. I really don’t see any reason why would super joeys be installed these days lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are Hopper Pluses available for existing Dish customers? They are not yet listed on MyDISH.com lol or I didn’t see it. How would existing dish customers get Hopper Plus if interested?

Are Hopper with slings (Hopper2) still being installed for customers with two TVs? Also are Hopper 3s being installed for customers with 3+ TVs?

I know the super Joeys are obsolete or going to be. I really don’t see any reason why would super joeys be installed these days lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a technician, or an area manager, I should say, we don’t see any reason why Super Joey’s should be installed these days either but for some reason, they are. I have an idea why bud I don’t want to sound overly judgmental.

If you’re interested in a Hopper Plus, I would call Dish and talk to somebody in sales about adding the Hopper Plus. It doesn’t change your bill and I believe it’s a $50 one time fee for the installation.

I got the H+ installed at no charge.I was talking to loyalty about a different issue and asked if it was available .That was prehack-I don't know if the phone number for loyalty gets you loyalty or not these days.Number in my signature.
Unfortunately, that number does not work for Dish Loyalty any longer. I’m hoping to find a new number.

Unfortunately, that number does not work for Dish Loyalty any longer. I’m hoping to find a new number.
Let me know if and when you get a new number. I tried the old one the other day and it just redirects to the normal system. Loyalty is so much easier to deal with when trying to get customers upgraded at no charge.

Let me know if and when you get a new number. I tried the old one the other day and it just redirects to the normal system. Loyalty is so much easier to deal with when trying to get customers upgraded at no charge.
I had to call Key Accounts today, and it was the same thing, just reverted to normal support

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was interested in adding the Plus to my HWS for the sole purpose of being able to receive 4K
But due to all of the problems, I have no interest in this at all
I don't think the Hopper/Sling will bring in 4K even with the Plus added. You need the Hopper 3 as far as I know. I'll have to double check that....

The email will come back to you saying: Kevin Covell no longer works here. A new replacement hasn't been chosen yet. :biggrin
Well, I wrote him last week and got a response the next day. He sent a 54.3 remote for free by UPS Next Day Air, the OTA Dual Tuner with Winegard antenna kit for free by UPS Next Day Air, Credited me $29.99 for an entire month of TVB Jade World when there was only 10 days of outage in the last 2 years. Also providing a free install of the Hopper+ without extending a contract and according to LinkedIn, that's him...

Well, I wrote him last week and got a response the next day. He sent a 54.3 remote for free by UPS Next Day Air, the OTA Dual Tuner with Winegard antenna kit for free by UPS Next Day Air, Credited me $29.99 for an entire month of TVB Jade World when there was only 10 days of outage in the last 2 years. Also providing a free install of the Hopper+ without extending a contract and according to LinkedIn, that's him...
Do you mind showing us an excerpt of the email you wrote to him? Obviously censoring personal info and stuff you don’t want to share, I’m just curious as to what prompted such a response.

Do you mind showing us an excerpt of the email you wrote to him? Obviously censoring personal info and stuff you don’t want to share, I’m just curious as to what prompted such a response.
Well, if you write them nicely, they would do it since it's not the first time it's happened except this is the first time, they responded directly instead of having someone else respond. I rarely call DISH because it has gotten nowhere including using online chat or email for the last 10.5 years I have been with them except when I had an outage on all channels when they had the hack which was more of the DISH being in half. Calling by phone, they can promise you the world but it is hard to prove the communications, not to mention, I am rarely available at the same time they are available so both sides can communicate at their own free time. Remember the 1980s Sprint commercial is to get everything in writing. He's one of the listed contacts that is known to resolve customer complaints as there are only 5 contacts currently and "Charlie" is no longer one of them. And it's also called competent communications as I am also a Toastmaster.

"Subject: Your Assistance Needed

Dear Mr. Covell:

I am writing today as a DISH customer requesting your assistance in resolving the following matters.

I had been a DISH satellite customer since November 17, 2012 and my mailing/service address is:
# Street Address
under Account #x

There are three issue(s) involved:
1) As of today, I still have not received my free DISH Voice Remote with Google Assistant which should be the 54.3 remote as promised by DISH Technical Support
2) I was promised by DISH Technical Support in 2019 a free HDTV Indoor OTA with Adapter kit while still paying for local channels but as of this date, it has not been sent.
3) There were multiple outages with TVB Jadeworld during 2022-2023 that lasted a total of 10 days and I never received the credit to the account as promised.
4) When I talked to DISH Customer Service a few months ago, I was told I can get the DISH Hopper+ for free without a new contract and free installation but so far, that has not happened.

I hope you can resolve these matters in a satisfactory manner. Please respond either by mail or by email. Thank you for your time, attention and assistance in reviewing and resolving these matters!

Sincerely yours,
x, Ph.D. - Astrophysics"

and basically, I will wait a few days before sending that same e-mail to the other contacts and repeat the process until either someone responds or I already sent to everyone on the list.
There was a time I wrote Charlie as well at charlie.ergen@dishnetwork.com on February 9, 2016 to be exact but he had someone in Executive Escalations respond as basically this was when the Hopper H3 first came out and I upgraded to it with DIRT (DISH Internet Response Team) on this forum but people on this forum said I was supposed to have 129 as well as 110, 118, and 119 and I wrote basically the same e-mail as above:
"1) On February 7, 2016 - I upgraded to the Hopper 3 4K/UltraHD DVR receiver and learned from the DISH installer that from November 17, 2012 to February 7, 2016, I was not able to access any of the High Definition version of the Channels that were included as part of the America Top 250 package as I only had a DISH 500+ antenna along with a DPP 500+ switch which only supported the 110/118/119 satellites but not the 129 satellite which the High Definition version of the channels in the America Top 250 package requires as I was able to receive the Standard Definition version of the channel without problems. I am not referring to the HD Local channels. So the remedy for that one would be to give me credit(s) for the 3.25 years that I was unable to receive those channels because the installer on November 17, 2012 did not include support for the 129 satellite when he was well aware what services I was ordering.
2) As you are aware, I have been a Jadeworld Chinese Cantonese International Package customer since I have been a DISH customer and when Jadeworld started service on November 19, 2012 which was 2 days after my service was installed and had always paid full price for the package. I was told by both the installer and DISH Internet Response Team members to ask DISH to get the current promotion offer mentioned here:
Live International TV Channels & Packages | DISH

which basically says:
"Save over 30% per month for 12 months on the Jadeworld Pack. Get it for only $19.99/month with Offer Code SAVEBIG. That's $10 off the regular monthly price of $29.99."
So the remedy for that one is to provide that discount on my account. ""

And I still got what I asked for.

Last edited:
Maybe they fired hime for giving you all that stuff for FREE and shipping it UPS Red.
Not really as I also discovered he was one of the contacts to contact even in early 2016 to resolve issues since I never asked for it for UPS Red and not to mention, you do realize the DISH with Google Remote was free as long as you joined the list:
unnamed.jpg

the OTA Antenna kit is also free with installation and then people no longer had to subscribed to locals but in my case, I am keeping the locals and paying for it and I didn't need the installation:
1684709858498.png

I was hoping that they shipped the Dual Tuner OTA Adapter like what's shown at the store, the one with holes on the casing with the hard-wired USB connector without the cable but what I got was the same one I had that had the cable.
Also, UPS Red for corporate customers especially companies the size of DISH is fairly cheap as they do not pay retail shipping prices.

Reactions: charlesrshell