Hopper plus

No its an add on for the Hopper 3 which adds the Google TV Platform to the Hopper Platform.

This way you can download apps from the Google Play store (like HBO Max, Pluto TV, etc...) and enjoy them through your Hopper.
How much does it cost? I'm already paying like 15 for the hopper. And do you know if this can be added at the install today?

How much does it cost? I'm already paying like 15 for the hopper. And do you know if this can be added at the install today?
You should check out these threads. The Plus got off to a horrible start. Not sure how much it might have improved.

Reactions: TheLip and BarnRat
There is no additional charge and a lot of those bugs have been worked out. I was at a customer's house Sunday, who has been using his for a while and did not have anything to report as far as issues.

Last edited:
Sorry for this dumb question . . . How do I know if I have a Hopper 3 Plus? External indication? A display screen?
Hopper Plus is a small black box that attaches to your Hopper by USB cable.

Attachments

• 20230329_104316.jpg
    20230329_104316.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 184
It is the son of the Dishplayer.
OMG!! (1999/2000) The horror of all those web tv/ dishplayers being sent back for another one, that was also broken flashed across my mind. I think I did RMAs like 5 or 6 times before I realized they weren't going to fix it and I needed to be able to watch tv. I ended up trading in the dishplayer to dishdepot.com for another receiver like the 301 and then a 501 pvr when it came out.

OMG!! (1999/2000) The horror of all those web tv/ dishplayers being sent back for another one, that was also broken flashed across my mind. I think I did RMAs like 5 or 6 times before I realized they weren't going to fix it and I needed to be able to watch tv. I ended up trading in the dishplayer to dishdepot.com for another receiver like the 301 and then a 501 pvr when it came out.
I sure miss dishdepot.com. Good company

The HwS is the H2.
Of course, you are right. For some reason my mind brought up an image on a 722. DUH!

I'm considering getting a Hopper+.

I've been watching more Paramount+, Peacock, Angel Studios etc. lately and it would be much easier than trying to maneuver the Fire TV remote, I presume.

Has it pretty much settled down or is it still pretty buggy?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Of course, you are right. For some reason my mind brought up an image on a 722. DUH!

I've been watching more Paramount+, Peacock, Angel Studios etc. lately and it would be much easier than trying to maneuver the Fire TV remote, I presume.

Working pretty good.

It seems to be very good, but like I posted earlier, I only stream for all my TV viewing and that in itself is a platform for bugginess on occasion

Reactions: charlesrshell