Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Hopper remote to control Roku 2?

Discussion in 'The Hopper Zone' started by bilbravo, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bilbravo

bilbravo Thread Starter Member

In lieu of buying another Harmony remote, I thought I'd just try to get my Hopper remote to get my Roku to work. I tried going through the remote wizard and looked for Roku. It had it but the code it used didn't seem to get it to work. I selected "audio device" since I didn't see any category that really fit the Roku device. I searched a bit on google but couldn't find anyone who had tried this and shared results.

Has anyone gotten their Hopper remote to control their Roku box? I have a ROku 2 XD.

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. digitalblue

digitalblue Member

Don't know if this will work, but the Hopper remote is also a learning remote. Did you try and "teach" it the ROKU commands??

3. mdavej

mdavej Active SatelliteGuys Member

Sorry, doesn't exist yet AFAIK (not in any UEI databases I've seen). You'll have to learn as the previous poster said. If learning fails, you'll have to get your hands on an older IR Roku remote and learn from it (I think some recent Roku remotes are RF, hence unlearnable). If you have a URC or JP1 remote (or other remote that takes pronto hex), I can post the codes for you. If you want to build them on your own, I can tell you that Roku uses protocol NEC2, device.subdevice 234.194 and the following OBCs. MakeHex will generate the pronto hex for you.

Code:
    Last_ch    102
    exit    102
    Menu    97
    Guide    3
    up_arrow    25
    down_arrow    51
    left_arrow    30
    right_arrow    45
    Select    42
    Play    76
    Pause    76
    rewind    52
    ffwd    85
    Skip-    120

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST SatelliteGuys Family Pub Member / Supporter

I just "learned" the commands on my Hopper remote. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

5. bilbravo

bilbravo Thread Starter Member

Thanks everyone I will try the learning feature tonight. I completely forgot about it! Feel kind of stupid now...