Hopper S208/S209 Software Release Notes

I think they just deleted the weird channel changing menu. All of the other green button functions are there.
THAT is the function I am talking about. The other "inner' menu ones don't count for this conversation. Why do some ****** need to be so damn picky.

To check the receiver's software version remotely, go to Dishonline.com and click on My Account. Version is shown in the My DISH Receivers section.

I think they just deleted the weird channel changing menu. All of the other green button functions are there.

I'd have to agree that the channel menu is weird. I found it slower to get to a channel in that menu than using the guide. This could be so much better if they changed a few things:

1) make the main focus of this menu the channel buttons in the grid to the left of the keypad. In fact, remove the keypad completely to make more room for channel shortcut buttons. Use the remote's keypad to access a channel by number.

2) hide the editing functions (cursoring sideways in grid selects the "-" (delete) button) and create an editing mode

3) Remove the channel strip at the top of the menu or at least allow it to be filtered by the current channel list.

Yes. That was the question. You said it was on the right in preference section of DRA. I checked that and all I see is the DRA SW version. I think Scott said he used his Sling Box HD to navigate his Hopper menu to see his SW version.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Want to come over and see it?

356B said:
Want to come over and see it?

This is what I see on iPhone & iPad preference page.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-2160864830.jpg
    image-2160864830.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 261
  • image-3300452740.jpg
    image-3300452740.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 266
Go to dishonline.com and login.

Go to DVR / My Recordings and click on the refresh button (just to make sure the info is up to date*)

Go to My Account. Software version is listed under the receiver.

*When I first checked, ver: was S20742. After refresh, was S20943.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)