Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

The one Hopper that got the new S213 software (the one that locked up earlier) needed to be rebooted again tonight.

I hit the guide button then exited the guide, however the playing video remained a small window like it was in the guide. I could change channels and see the full banner on the screen yet the playing video remained in that little window.

I've seen that on occasion on 212/264, tends to happen more often on the Joeys. Sometimes pressing MENU fixes, other times need a soft reset.

I have 213 on one Hopper, 212 on the other. 265 on both Joeys. Problems encountered so far.

213 Hopper had the IR remote reset to disabled. I reenabled it but the Hopper still refuses to acknowledge my Harmony remote. I consider this a MAJOR issue.

213 Hopper can't see 212's recordings, but I didn't expect that to work.

The Joeys on 265 have problems playing recordings back from the 212 Hopper, when paired with either the 213 OR the 212 Hopper (they show the recordings, but when I select one to play they just jump back to live TV). Neither has any problems playing recordings on the 213 Hopper.

212 Hopper can't connect to any of the On Demand stuff, even though it has an IP address via the HIC and I can see my timers/recordings on the 212 Hopper just fine from the Dish Android app (so I know 212 Hopper is correctly connected to the internet). 213 Hopper sees On Demand just fine.

I'm hoping things improve when both Hoppers go to 213, but so far this is the worst release from my perspective. The loss of my IR remote is a big step backwards. I'll try hard resetting that Hopper later when I know it's not recording anything and see if that helps.

The one Hopper that got the new S213 software (the one that locked up earlier) needed to be rebooted again tonight.

I hit the guide button then exited the guide, however the playing video remained a small window like it was in the guide. I could change channels and see the full banner on the screen yet the playing video remained in that little window.

Getting the same exact bug

Just got S213 on 2 of 3 Hoppers and as everyone else said can't access anything but PTAT and rentals on the 212 Hopper. Also, the BLUE button shortcut no longer goes to Network Setup. It just pops up an Error 140 "Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available. Please try again later." Weird. 1 of 2 Joeys is on S265. Hopefully they won't have issues with the 213 Hoppers. Very nice being able to view recordings on the other Hopper (and hopefully all of them soon.) Here's hoping they'll eventually allow you to manage other Hoppers soon. EDIT: Oh and would like to be able to view EHD contents of the other Hopper like Joeys can.

Last edited:
UI feedback: really not a fan of the large red bolded "Select" in the screensaver. Inelegant looking. I do like the new green "New Feature Available" call out in the screensaver, though - that's actually useful and looks good.

Recieved 213 this morning and all seems to be well with PTAT, one thing I plan to do now is turn off PTAT on one hopper in our living room for now for that extra tuner and keep PTAT on the other Hooper to acces shows from the other Hopper, very happy about this!!

hit the guide button then exited the guide, however the playing video remained a small window like it was in the guide. I could change channels and see the full banner on the screen yet the playing video remained in that little window.
Strange,. I am still on 212 and the small window issue just showed up this morning

I just had the same thing happen with the small window. Got it back to normal by going into HD setup and changing the resolution to 720 then back to 1080.

Not a good workaround, but better than rebooting.

Both updates on both H/J. So far it looks pretty good.

1. I can see PTAT and user partition recordings on either Hopper and either Joey. Both Joeys are linked to the same Hopper.
2. I can see EHD recordings on the Hopper it is connected to and both Joeys which are linked

I had a bug which would restart a PTAT recording from the beginning if I tried to resume watching from a remote boxwith AutoHop enabled. This seems to be working better now.

Favorites lists are still dropping local channels on 1 Hopper.

So a red button reset fixed the IR problem on the first Hopper that picked up 213.

The second Hopper picked up 213 last night. On Demand seems to work again in brief testing, and the Joeys can play back recordings on this Hopper again (again, only tested briefly, but it seems to work)

I got all H&J updated apparently last night.
Hopper to Hopper; Hoppers can see each others content with the exception of the EHD.
I had a lock up when viewing content from one Hopper to another, could not stop, move to live TV, a simple turning off and on the receiver got me out of that mode. Conversely when using other Hopper there was not this issue, using the options to delete, DVR or live TV worked normally.
Joey sees EHD linked to as it always has, the issue is both Hoppers do not see the EHD, perhaps this will be addressed with later updates or not......

Got the update this morning and woke up to a black screen after 3 reboots I could finally watch TV. My Internet connector now no longer connects to the Moca network and Joeys are working only intermittently.

I'm at work here but my wife has reported the small window problem every time she accesses the guide. We were fine until we went to bed last night. Took the 213 update overnight.

Ok, my undertstanding from what she is saying is that the guide is basically useless now. The swapping resolutions back and forth fixes the problem but you have to do this every time you access the guide. I'll report more later today when I get home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts