Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

This is the worst update Dish has put out so far for the Hopper - multiple issues and they all affect the TV Viewing (most important) aspect of the hopper.

-Small Window Problem (reported multiple times). Only fix I've seen work is hard reset

-Joey's are intermittently dropping connection from hoppers - only thing I can do is hard reset

-I can view events on other hoppers but can not play them. Hopper/Joey completely locks up and need to do a hard reset

-Blue Button is useless - very annoying when I want to switch hoppers

Wish this stayed in development for a bit longer

I hope I don't get this update anytime soon. I only have 1 hopper and don't need stability issues that seem to be occurring with S213.

I hope I don't get this update anytime soon. I only have 1 hopper and don't need stability issues that seem to be occurring with S213.

Same here. I wish mine hadn't taken it. S212 had been the best update so far. I've had zero problems since getting that and now we have issues again.

This is the worst update Dish has put out so far for the Hopper - multiple issues and they all affect the TV Viewing (most important) aspect of the hopper.

-Small Window Problem (reported multiple times). Only fix I've seen work is hard reset

-Joey's are intermittently dropping connection from hoppers - only thing I can do is hard reset

-I can view events on other hoppers but can not play them. Hopper/Joey completely locks up and need to do a hard reset

-Blue Button is useless - very annoying when I want to switch hoppers

Wish this stayed in development for a bit longer

Jeez, I wonder how they test these updates. Oh yeah...they give them to us....

Follow up on my other posts. In addition to the small window problem with the guide, our Joey is now losing connection. That has never happen on any software version since I installed the receiver at S203.

Spoke to soon yesterday after I received the updates on my 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. Last night the Joey kept dropping the connection with the Hopper in the family room. When we were able to get connected and started watching one of the recordings, after about 10 minutes the screen would go black and the connection problem would start up again. Joey would always try to connect to the other Hopper in the guest bedroom, not the one in the family room were we have most of out recordings.

As for network connections, I no longer have access to any of the video files on my home network and cannot get out to the Internet from any of the units. Lastly, I can't connect to the Hopper (family room) that has my Sling adapter connected to it anymore.

Called Dish and they said I was the first one to report any problems like this but are going to send out a technician to try to get the networking issue fixed.

Before this fix, all of my units were directly cabled to my home network and had access to the Internet and video library (each unit's MAC address added to my router and assigned a static IP address. I could easily switch the Joey between Hoppers and the Hoppers could see each other but couldn't share recordings. I'd be happy to back to that setup if I could.

For those having Joey connection problems, do your Joey's have connections to both Coax (MOCA) and ethernet?

I have similar problems when Joey's are connected to both, but not when I move the Joey to only one network. I think that S213 introduced a bridge loop or some other L2 problem in the network, which is resolved by physically limiting the number of paths. I chose to use ethernet only (at the Joey), so that I can still access home media. No problems with connectivity since.

Just remove one connection and then reset the entire network (Hoppers and Joeys).

For those having Joey connection problems, do your Joey's have connections to both Coax (MOCA) and ethernet?

I have similar problems when Joey's are connected to both, but not when I move the Joey to only one network. I think that S213 introduced a bridge loop or some other L2 problem in the network, which is resolved by physically limiting the number of paths. I chose to use ethernet only (at the Joey), so that I can still access home media. No problems with connectivity since.

Just remove one connection and then reset the entire network (Hoppers and Joeys).

Coax only on ours with 1 Hopper / 1 Joey and its having issues.

I have no internet connection on the system at all. I'll have to check the software on the Joey when I get home. My wife is out and about for the afternoon now.

New issue: Skip Back and Skip Forward don't work correctly.
I don't think I had this problem in the previous version.

undo-manual.png

Thanks for the feedback guys! DISH is watching this thread and a number of issues reported here they are in the process of fixing.

I ask that we keep the idle chit chat to a minimum in this thread because we are getting so much valuable feedback on this issue. (Which will make it easier for the DISH guys to find new issues)

Please keep the reports coming. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!