Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

When selecting "Edit" on DVR recordings for the other hopper folder, the program is displaying the wrong show information.

For example, I have the movie Fast Five saved to my DVR on the second hopper and it shows program information for Iron Man 2.

(I'm viewing from the joey and changing the folder over to the other hopper)

Last edited:
"My Folders" selection is usually saved by the DVR recording listing, but in some instances with a 2 Hopper system it changes to "Folders by Title" on it's own.

1) Make sure your main hopper is set to "My Folders"
2) Switch over the other hopper folder in DVR recordings
3) Click any folder
4) Then click the "Back" tab in the top left corner to go back a folder.
5) Switch back to the other hopper DVR recording listing
6) Now you'll see the original hopper has lost the setting and changed back over to "Folders by Title"

(i'm viewing and navigating from the Joey)

Had a different issue last night. This was during PTAT. This one is not critical, but is annoying.

On local Hopper A watching a live, non-PTA program. Paused and swapped. Went into DVR menu, selected remote Hopper B, selected PTAT folder, started playing a "live" currently recording PTA event.

The PTA event started playing, watched until the next commercial, paused and swapped to my previously paused, local Hopper A non-PTA program, watch until the next commercial, paused, swapped to the remote Hopper B PTA program, watched to the next commercial, paused, swapped to local Hopper A program, etc...

The good news - with the exception of the following bug, this worked. Pretty much the same as swapping between two local tuners.

THE BUG - the pause banner and upper right quadrant pause icon display was switching back and forth continuously between the counters for both paused programs whenever pause was engaged on the either program at about 1/2 second intervals.

The bad news - after I stopped watching the current Hopper B program, starting anything else from the remote Hopper gave unpredictable results similar to my prior post - video w/o audio, black screen, wrong tuner, etc.

Two Hoppers with S213 but neither one sees the other. One Hopper fails to get an ip address. Both connected directly to router. Joeys only connected to coax.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My skip back and forward are working. But it seems slower or more sluggish than beofre.

It works about 50% of the time for me. If I press the SKIP BACK button several times, some of the hops will fail and will jump to the same time point in the show. The same for SKIP FORWARD - sometimes it works, sometimes it fails.

Also, I am still unable to play a lot of movies from EHD (Error 014/015). Can I have my vip622 back?! :)

Looks like this update made each Hopper into a virtual HIC...all the Joey's have internet access through MOCA.

However, the hoppers keep playing musical IP's and it's causing havoc on my network. I run an advanced gateway which usually costs money but they give you the first 50 IP's for free. Over the past 12 hours, both Joey and Hoppers have grabbed over 14 unique IP's.

No bueno.

edit: For those running ethernet MOCA networks only and have eliminated RG6 - I'm not sure if it's appropriate for you to be reporting bugs. AFAIK, Dish supports MOCA over RG6 only...not ethernet.

For those running ethernet MOCA networks only and have eliminated RG6 - I'm not sure if it's appropriate for you to be reporting bugs. AFAIK, Dish supports MOCA over RG6 only...not ethernet.

Reporting is fine, hopefully Dish moves in the direction of making it official. Feeling slighted, or automatically expecting it to be fixed is another issue.

I have figured out my Hopper/Joey network issues (at least I think I have)

Previously, I had one hopper connected to my network via ethernet and the other connected via the netgear wireless adapter. The joey's only had RG6.

I looked up the MAC addresses of each MoCA adapter and set a static IP mapping for all of them and I disconnected the netgear wireless adapter from the appropriate hopper.

I now have internet access across all of my Hoppers/Joeys. Both Hoppers have sling adapters and I can view them from online without any issues. So far, the Joey's have also not had any issues with keeping MoCA connectivity.

I think the connection issues stem from the fact that the MoCA DHCP/IP address assignment is now done by the router on your local network and not the hopper. If packets are lost or the connection is broken (for whatever reason), the joey has issues getting a new IP assigned and therefore drops video/audio.

I'll see how the network is doing 24 hours from now

For those who have the HIC, congratulations you now have a paperweight.

Last edited:
There's plenty of people like me where it's much easier with the HIC. It's still a preferred method of hardwired connectivity when you don't have ethernet to either hopper.

On a separate note....

I did experience some recording issues with one hopper where it basically stopped everything. It wouldn't even allow me to turn it on. Had to use the red reset to force it. Recordings restarted afterwards just fine.

Might be a suggestion to everyone to do a full reboot on all the equipment after s213.

on one of my hopers I lost the icon to choose which hopper I want to watch recordings on?

I tried a reset which did not work :(

Scott or anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Actually for those of us with a HIC and using it as a single point connection for all Hopper/Joeys, we never had a problem. There really is no need for both a HIC and ethernet connected unit. Only the multi homed/multi connected folks seem to be the ones with problems.

Hoppers bridging was always planned.

Bridge loops are ugly, and basic networking 101, can anyone say spanning tree? Did they really not think of it, or somehow just forgot to toggle a setting in the config file?

Last edited:
on one of my hopers I lost the icon to choose which hopper I want to watch recordings on?

I had the same thing reset both hoppers and it showed up , now one of the hoppers having problems with hte timers

I have the same problem. I have two hoppers and two joeys. One pair works perfectly. The other pair will not link. The joey just keeps searching for the hopper. The hopper only sees the Hopper Internet Connector, no other devices. The hopper DVR menu doesn't have the hopper selector menu. So I've basically lost the use of one TV. I've tried disconnecting the power and power up one at a time, but keep getting the same results. I hope a new update isn't too far away...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)