Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

So since I have HIC the joeys can't can't see the Hoppers...is that what I'm gathering from the info???
my HIC works just fine with s213. I don't think we've determined the cause of this bug except something software related.

Do you have any other network equipment connected besides the HIC? Try disconnecting all the networking stuff and rebooting H/J, just to see what happens.

So since I have HIC the joeys can't can't see the Hoppers...is that wrist I'm gathering from the info???

Here's the wrist (gist). You should only have one active bridge between the ethernet and the MoCa networks. The HIC is a bridge. If your hoppers are connected to ethernet and MoCa, as of s213 they are also bridges. Look at all of your Hoppers and HIC, only 1 should be connected to both ethernet and MoCa.

Joey's should also be connected to either ethernet or MoCa, but not both.

Why: Multiple bridges will cause bridge loops. I would assume that Dish engineers were aware of this and included some form of management software to disable forwarding on conflicting devices. Either they didn't, or it is buggy. Joey's with multiple connections will see the bridged hopper on both the Moca and Ethernet. Same IP address with different MAC addresses. That's an invalid configuration (simply put, it's an IP address conflict).

So since I have HIC the joeys can't can't see the Hoppers...is that what I'm gathering from the info???

I have a HIC, with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. All boxes on the new SW. All is working as should. The HIC shouldn't matter if the Hoppers and Joeys see each other. It's only purpose is to provide internet connectivity to all the boxes via MoCa. MoCa is what allows them to see each other. Go to system info and see what your Moca says.

My back bedroom hopper is connected with ethernet...i have hic so the living room hopper can access blockbuster@home

Back bedroom is connected w ethernet for better signal w slingbox

Has been working w 0 issues until the S213

Only thing the Hopper sees on whole home option is the HIC no Joeys

My back bedroom hopper is connected with ethernet...i have hic so the living room hopper can access blockbuster@home

Back bedroom is connected w ethernet for better signal w slingbox

Has been working w 0 issues until the S213

Only thing the Hopper sees on whole home option is the HIC no Joeys

Try disconnecting the ethernet from the hopper so the the only network item in your system is the HIC. Reboot all the boxes and see what happens. If still no good, check your MoCa status in the system info section. It seems they have included some networking in S213. and folks with a HIC, and other network connectivity devices connected at the same time is causing problems.

I have had to "red button reboot" 4 times in the last 2 days since receiving 213 and had one freeze and it rebooted on it's own. The reasons for my rebooting are:
1. When I turn it on in the morning the screen saver stays on but I can hear audio of the channel. Pressing select does nothing. Red button fixes issue.
2. Everything will look fine but I am unable to change channels or bring up guide or menu. Red button fixes issue.
3. Small screen stays on screen after exiting guide (as reported by others) Red button fixes issue.

Having to do it again as I type this due to issue #2 happening again.

Love being able to access my second hopper recordings and have been very happy with them since I got them. First problems so far and as much as they have been on top of things with the hoppers I'm sure these problems won't last long.

ok So if I understand correctly. Now, after 213, if I have an ethernet connection available at either hopper, i don't necessarilly need the HIC because the Hopper is functioning as it was supposed to in the beginning to distribute the signal broadband signal via MoCA throughout the installation? Is this correct?

ok So if I understand correctly. Now, after 213, if I have an ethernet connection available at either hopper, i don't necessarilly need the HIC because the Hopper is functioning as it was supposed to in the beginning to distribute the signal broadband signal via MoCA throughout the installation? Is this correct?

I think so. I have a 2H/2J setup with both Js linked to a Hopper with an hybrid ethernet connection, ethernet to a Linksys wga610 wirelessly to a Linksys wrt320n router, the other Hopper ethernet connected to the router. Both Joeys are cable connected only. The H/Js are connected thru a duo node to a 1000.4 dish. Prior to S213 the Joeys would not show a broadband connection and there was no DHCP IP address assignment. When S213/265 was installed both Joeys now have a DHCP provided IP address indicating to me that MOCA is doing its job.

When I had D* MRV their MOCA setup was giving solid 253+MBPs data rates, much better than a loaded 10/100 ethernet could do. I think you'll be better off just using MOCA for the Joeys.

Figured out what was going on with my configuration.

First, let me say I do address validation on my router (MAC id's need to added to my router). Prior to the the new software I added all of the Ethernet MAC addresses from my two Hoppers and one Joey (don't have or use a HIC). After the software change came down I couldn't get any of my devices to attached to my network. Looked at my router's log and saw three new MAC addresses were trying to get on my network but were being denied because they weren't included in the list. Looked at the network section of the Hoppers and Joey and saw that at the top of the screen that there is a drop down box where you can choose the type of network connection. I looked at both the Ethernet and MOcA lists and grabbed the MAC addresses for both the Ethernet and MOcA screens then looked them up in the Router. I had the Ethernet addresses already added to the router list from the original install but the three MOcA addresses were the ones my router was denying access to. I added them to the list and everything started working.

Since I did that everything so far is working. I can see and play all of the video stored on my network on all three devices, and can access my family room Hopper via the Sling adapter through Dish Online. I can also watch the recorded video on the two Hoppers by each Hopped and the Joey.

One of the 213 Hoppers freaked me out last night (I just installed it 2 weeks ago too.) I was transferring some recordings to EHD, and when it got finished it froze hard and the fan started blowing at top speed. Luckily, hitting the red reset button fixed it. I'm not sure, but I may have been watching one of the shows that were in the queue to archive. Not sure I didn't really pay attention to which recordings I put on the EHD. So that may have been the issue.

I too have had the small picture issue. But what i notice most is dishonline has been really flaky since the update. Since changing to the Hopper from a 922, Dishonline which i use daily has been fairly stable. Since the update, not so much. It freezes up, stutters, or i have to log in an out a couple times a day, or reboot the Hopper. Right now i cannot get it to work at all. just freezes when it starts up. live tv or recorded.
This is on my internal network using IE9. no changes what so ever in my network, only changes is 213 update. I also notice that sometimes the version of dishonline is different, sometimes the display has the controls below the screen, up down and channel number change. at other times there is an icon for the remote control to do these functions. I assume that it is whatever server it happens to connect to and the servers must have different versions running. at any rate both versions have the same issues of stutter and or freezing.
anyone else see this?

Looks like my system is not seeing what it needs to, to share the dvr events from hopper to hopper. I have a 2 hopper 2 joey set-up...(no HIC connector) 2 hoppers are on ethernet, joeys are not connected via ethernet but do show as connected via MOCA. I asked when they installed if we should be using that and they said no. So I contacted support and they elevated it to the engineers and said withen 24-72 hours and to keep checking.

Looks like my system is not seeing what it needs to, to share the dvr events from hopper to hopper. I have a 2 hopper 2 joey set-up...(no HIC connector) 2 hoppers are on ethernet, joeys are not connected via ethernet but do show as connected via MOCA. I asked when they installed if we should be using that and they said no. So I contacted support and they elevated it to the engineers and said withen 24-72 hours and to keep checking.
Disconnect the ethernet on one of the hoppers since it may no longer be needed. Then try rebooting everything in your system.

Tried that...I am wondering, is it supposed to say linked between all of the hoppers and joeys? Or is it suppsed to be just linked to the one joey to each hopper? I am not sure how this thing really works.

Tried that...I am wondering, is it supposed to say linked between all of the hoppers and joeys? Or is it suppsed to be just linked to the one joey to each hopper? I am not sure how this thing really works.
The joeys are supposed to be linked to whichever Hopper you selected in the Whole Home menu.

On the Joey: click Yellow Button, then 8, then 4 on the remote. Then you should be able to set the Joey to whichever Hopper you'd like.

I've been running my "new" network setup for over 24 hours and I have no MoCA issues to report. Everything is connected and working. Some weird bugs with viewing stuff on other hopper (mainly if you switch back and forth two fast, it will show local Hopper content while telling you it is showing remote content) but other than that, pretty good.

Same 213 Hopper I was reporting a freeze on earlier froze hard again while playing EHD content. Woo!

I have the same configuration that you have. i disconnected one hopper from the network and rebooted all machines but it didn't work. let it go for the night and after the nightly reboot, all works as it should.

I just got the small picture bug after coming out of the guide. hit the cancel button, swapped tuners, tried PiP, nothing could get it to return. then i went into the HD settings menu and change the output from 1080i to 720p and the larger picture came back. didn't have to reboot the machine. hope they get this one fixed before i get a call from my father saying "why is the picture only 1/4 of the screen?" !! :D:D:D

Issue I seem to be having is I have had to rest both Hoppers a couple times to bring back the icon to choose which hopper you would like to watch your recorded movies.

Though my check switch issue that I have been having seems to have been fixed with 213?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts