hopper to hopper issues

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
This last week we have had 3 instances where we could not play recordings from one hopper via the other. Two times the video could be seen but no audio. The other time there was only audio from the recording, the video showing was the current tuned channel on the hopper. Each time it was late at night so we just went to bed and it was resolved by the next day, probably by the overnight reboot.

Anyone else seen this? I'm on s244.

This last week we have had 3 instances where we could not play recordings from one hopper via the other. Two times the video could be seen but no audio. The other time there was only audio from the recording, the video showing was the current tuned channel on the hopper. Each time it was late at night so we just went to bed and it was resolved by the next day, probably by the overnight reboot.

Anyone else seen this? I'm on s244.

I've had the same exact issues basically from "day 1" when I made the switch to Dish and then got my 2nd Hopper last summer. For the most part I've given up trying to get any real answers or fix. I figure I'm stuck til my contract is up.

I've had the same exact issues basically from "day 1" when I made the switch to Dish and then got my 2nd Hopper last summer. For the most part I've given up trying to get any real answers or fix. I figure I'm stuck til my contract is up.

And yes - rebooting "fixes" the problem - until next time.

This has never been an issue with my Hoppers and I haven't seen many complaints from other subs. Maybe you have a bad node or a wiring problem. I was an early convertee to MRV when I was with D* and Hopper/Hopper and Hopper/Joey viewing is much better than HRXX/HRXX was with D*.

oldengineer said:
This has never been an issue with my Hoppers and I haven't seen many complaints from other subs. Maybe you have a bad node or a wiring problem. I was an early convertee to MRV when I was with D* and Hopper/Hopper and Hopper/Joey viewing is much better than HRXX/HRXX was with D*.

To me it would seem to be a hopper issue since a reboot fixes it. And only started a week or two ago, prior 9 months or so had no issues.

You said you fixed the problem, I no mention of ever having Dish come out to fix it.

Some more bizarre, interesting and repeatable behavior.

Went to watch the same program that had issues yesterday when I started the thread. This time from the Joey connected to the hopper, rather than the other hopper....same problem, no audio. And this would have been after the nightly reboot. So being fed up, I figured the recording was bad and deleted it. Then went to Live TV and wanted my previous channel so hit the button to jump back to it. Rather than jumping to the previous channel it started playing the recording which I had just deleted, only this time there was audio and it worked fine. So I stopped the playback and restored the recording. Hit play and the problem was now back, no audio. I was able to repeat the same steps, delete recording, go to live tv, then jump to previous channel and have it start playing properly again. Very odd behavior. Only thing I can see different on my end over the last couple of weeks is the hopper now has over 100 recordings vs the more typical 20-30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)