Hopper upgrade - equipment question

Timmernator

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 14, 2004
Trying to decide on equipment - can someone tell me the advantages of a Hopper+Joey+SuperJoey vs. 2 Hoppers+2 Joeys? Thanks...

Forgot to add I have an OTA attic antenna and will want a 4-tv (3 now, adding soon) setup. I assume I'll have to splurge for the OTA module.

Also, how is PIP handled?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Saving 2 dollars. Disadvantage is if the hopper goes out, then everything goes out. With dual hopper if one goes out there is still another. Also in the hopper+SJ all timers can be maintained throughout the whole home. The two hoppers have to be done by the hopper or a Joey linked to the hopper to maintain the timers and edit them. I prefer the two hopper set up. Worth it to me.

Reactions: charlesrshell

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
PIP uses two tuners on the Hopper. There is a PIP button at the bottom and you can size them how you like. There is also a Swap button that lets you switch between the programs making one bigger the other smaller and vice versa. PIP does not work on a Joey so 2 Hoppers might be better for you if it is an important feature. You can also use the Swap without PIP being active.

Timmernator

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 14, 2004
Thanks for your replies, guys. Have a 2-Hopper system w/ a Joey and an OTA module on the way for install next Wednesday, all thanks to DIRT's mikeH!
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)