Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
When you run a check switch test on the 722 when connected to the Kingdome, what does it say next to "switch" on the install summary? Also, how many outputs does your kingdome have? If you can provide the model number of the kingdome, we can get you an answer

Model winegard travler sk-1002 switch type dpp1000.2

Wouldn't it be better for all for everyone to call Dish directly for the upgrade, and appeal to the DIRT team only if unable to correctly get what you wan't? My upgrade went smoothly with a CSR, and scheduling the install was done at the same time. No need to take up DIRT time.

2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys, $168 (with credit for returned receivers picked up by the installer), and no installation fee.

I would like a PM please. Looking to upgrade to the hopper and joey.
Thanks

Wouldn't it be better for all for everyone to call Dish directly for the upgrade, and appeal to the DIRT team only if unable to correctly get what you wan't? My upgrade went smoothly with a CSR, and scheduling the install was done at the same time. No need to take up DIRT time.

2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys, $168 (with credit for returned receivers picked up by the installer), and no installation fee.
Just curious: What happened to the 2H/1J configuration you wanted??

http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/278305-scotts-hopper-thoughts-14.html#post2789314

Right on!!! I did mine through Dish Chat yesterday morning. The installer is on his way out now.......
I am sure the DIRT team members dont mind helping out, when they can, for upgrades but i dont think that is what they were intended for. Call dish or go to dish.com (just my opinion)

I PMd MattG this morning, as I did not see this thread, and he has been very helpful to me in the past. So, I am now posting here properly for me to receive a PM. Thanks DIRT.

EDIT: I ended up going through chat. Thanks anyway guys!!!!!!

Last edited:
I PMd MattG this morning, as I did not see this thread, and he has been very helpful to me in the past. So, I am now posting here properly for me to receive a PM. Thanks DIRT.
Good thing too, as I believe it was mentioned that MattG and a couple others won't be back until Sunday. :)

I'm interested in one Hopper and NO Joeys. Only one TV in the house.

I "upgraded" to an 922 in October during the "fire sale" and was originally happy with it but am suffering from random freezes requiring reboot with 3 and sometimes 4 boot cycles, and slowness of the user interface in general. For example, this morning it took about 10 seconds to respond to a string of rewind button presses. The DVR guide is s..l..o..w to come up even with only one or two programs recorded.

I've had to completely stop using Dish On-Line even to set timers, etc. Attempting Sling playback is guaranteed to set a time bomb in the 922 that will eventually crash it and about half the time ties up the second tuner and output (PIP goes away and TV2 DVR timers don't work). Lack of promised features like Blockbuster on-line... goes without saying.

I realize that 922 development has halted to get Hopper/Joey out on time. Excellent job! However, I don't see any work on the 922 until at least the end of 2012 if ever. And based on the discussions on Satellite Guys I'm not expecting to see any future work on the 922.

I love the 922/s U/I and would not want to go back to the old interface. So for me accepting a 722k would be an absolute last resort.

Hopper is everything that Dish promised the 922 would be and from initial reports is stable and lacking functionality that won't personally affect me.

Feel free to continue this discussion via PM. No rush. Take care of those wanting an immediate upgrade.

Thanks.

I would like to upgrade to the Hopper system. I have had Dish for 14 years, top 250, autopay, etc. One CSR scheduled the install, but when I called back to confirm it, I was told that they could not do the install because I currently have four leased receivers. They said that I would have to deactivate and return one or two of the leased receivers BEFORE they could even set up the install. Is this information correct? My wife is so mad that she wants to contact DirecTV today. If I could get a PM letting me know if this information is correct.

kwindrem said:
I'm interested in one Hopper and NO Joeys. Only one TV in the house.

I "upgraded" to an 922 in October during the "fire sale" and was originally happy with it but am suffering from random freezes requiring reboot with 3 and sometimes 4 boot cycles, and slowness of the user interface in general. For example, this morning it took about 10 seconds to respond to a string of rewind button presses. The DVR guide is s..l..o..w to come up even with only one or two programs recorded.

I've had to completely stop using Dish On-Line even to set timers, etc. Attempting Sling playback is guaranteed to set a time bomb in the 922 that will eventually crash it and about half the time ties up the second tuner and output (PIP goes away and TV2 DVR timers don't work). Lack of promised features like Blockbuster on-line... goes without saying.

I realize that 922 development has halted to get Hopper/Joey out on time. Excellent job! However, I don't see any work on the 922 until at least the end of 2012 if ever. And based on the discussions on Satellite Guys I'm not expecting to see any future work on the 922.

I love the 922/s U/I and would not want to go back to the old interface. So for me accepting a 722k would be an absolute last resort.

Hopper is everything that Dish promised the 922 would be and from initial reports is stable and lacking functionality that won't personally affect me.

Feel free to continue this discussion via PM. No rush. Take care of those wanting an immediate upgrade.

Thanks.

1 hopper 0 joeys is not a valid configuration at this time. The hopper must have a joey.

1 hopper 0 joeys is not a valid configuration at this time. The hopper must have a joey.
If that's the case, then why can i sign up a new customer on the Dish website with that one hopper configuration?

and why is a one hopper configuration on the new customer worksheet that they sent out?

If that's the case, then why can i sign up a new customer on the Dish website with that one hopper configuration?

and why is a one hopper configuration on the new customer worksheet that they sent out?

I don't know but there have been numerous counts where Dish is not allowing it. It doesn't make sense to me but aparently Dish's system will not allow for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)