Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just checked with a DISH CSR via the chat after what Scherrman stated about DISH requalifying their customers. Some requalification process I guess, as my cost would still be a purchase but it's now $746. No thank you!! :D

I didn't think the Hopper was meant for just one TV it's a "WHOLE HOME DVR" at least two Tv's, maybe porpusley misleading marketing material was done in hope of when customers see it they would upgrade service for more TV'S, I have not seen any going by the name and marketing material I have seen even way before the release I felt the only reason for this is to have multiple tuners on one device

Looking at a hopper upgrade

Hi Zach, We were looking to consolidate internet/phone/TV to cable, but I'm interested in Hopper. Can you help out? Thanks!

Anyone that is paying that much is not a qualifying customer. If they say you don't have to sign a 24 month commitment then you do not qualify.

Anyone that is paying that much is not a qualifying customer. If they say you don't have to sign a 24 month commitment then you do not qualify.

What DISH doesn't understand is my ETF is easily under half that amount. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't see why. Never ever had a late payment since we're on autopay. No trouble calls yet I also have the service plan.
what about any sort of credits on your account?

That one seems to be the one catching others. Even when the credits were issued for legitimate problems rather than the usual threatening to cancel..

I understand that but that's what the equipment costs. If you don't qualify for an upgrade there is usually a very good reason for it. There is something wrong with your account that is preventing it. I don't know why Dish is doing it because to me it says that they don't think you are a valuable customer.

I understand that but that's what the equipment costs. If you don't qualify for an upgrade there is usually a very good reason for it. There is something wrong with your account that is preventing it. I don't know why Dish is doing it because to me it says that they don't think you are a valuable customer.

The funny thing is I can't get DISH to tell me why my account isn't eligible. If DISH would tell me this I would be able to understand what the deal is.

That's odd. I don't know if you have the right to know or if they have the right to withhold the info. Not sure.

Via Chat is offering me $100 upgrade for Hopper but wants to charge me a $95 tech visit or a free visit with DHPP Plan but I have to keep it atleast 6 months. Anytime I've ever got upgraded satellite boxes I've always been able to get free installation without ever having to add some BS Protection Plan.

The technician visit fee has been around for a couple years now. Sometimes Dish waives it and sometimes retailers waive it. $195 still isn't that unreasonable.

Via Chat is offering me $100 upgrade for Hopper but wants to charge me a $95 tech visit or a free visit with DHPP Plan but I have to keep it atleast 6 months. Anytime I've ever got upgraded satellite boxes I've always been able to get free installation without ever having to add some BS Protection Plan.
As for Febuary 1st, the service plan only needs to be on the account for 120day or 4 months. You can remove it beofre that but it will incur a $25.00 cancellation fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)