Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i am thinking of upgrading to the hopper system, I currently have a 922, 622, 612. I use the 922 for our main room & our master bed room, i use the 622 for our kitchen and projector theater(both hd but same output) and the 612 runs our basement and outdoor kitchen TV( again both HD but same output)

I also run OTA on the 922 in our main room. My question is how many hoppers should I get & how many joeys....also if I run OTA to the hopper do the joey's also get an OTA signal? That would be perfect for these midwest storms so we could be in the basement and still have the OTA signal when dish drops the signal due to weather.

We have been DISH customers for several years and upgraded last summer to the 1st generation Hopper plus one Joey. I was wondering what the cost(s) would be to upgrade again to the HWS, and what effect, if any, this would have on our monthly fees? Should I wait until the 11th? Thank you in advance!
Officially I think the upgrade from Hopper to HWS is $100 - I got them down to $50 and others here got it for FREE. It will require you to swap out the Hopper and loose your recorded shows tho so be ready for that (I wasn't). In my case I was going from 722 to HWS and they installed (about a month ago) the 1st gen Hopper + Joey and boy was I pissed. I felt dissed getting older technology and buying cause I watched the commercials on TV for the new Hopper (included the sling) and got the older version. Call DISH during daytime hours so you get a competent rep on the phone (which I didn't do), they had all night to dicker with me. DISH probably spent well over $100 dollars just on support for my call which didn't make any sense to me but hey... I'm about to try dishanywhere on vacation which you dont get without the sling add-on. We will see..... Cheers, Bob

New to the forum but I am out of my 2-year contract with Dish and was looking to possibly upgrade my two 722 HD DVRs (covering 4 TVs) to a Hopper with Sling and 3 Joey's. I believe this will cover me on four TVs, so I was hoping to find out if I could simply renew my contract for two years and receive the upgrade without any cost. I tried to negotiate with a Dish CSR a few months ago after my contract expired, and I was basically told that only new customers were receiving the HWS for free. I've been a Dish customer for 5.5 years and was told I'd have to cancel my service for at least 90 days before I could come back and receive the promotional offers that are being given to brand new customers (a friend got Dish installed with HWS, a Joey, and also got a free iPad2), which seems really messed up. The CSR just lowered my monthly bill by $20 or so for six months after they had already raised it following the end of my contract, and I am not under any kind of contract/agreement with Dish during this time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I can look into both of those options to see which one would work best. Can you send me a PM with the account or phone # please?

We can definitely review the cost for a HWS and any changes to the monthly bill if there are some. Just send me a PM with the account info, and i'll check it out.

Helped/upgraded,

thanks

I'm hoping a Dirt member could help me with my concern.

Been with Dish and the Hopper system just over a year and had my first tech visit due to some signal cut out & Hopper picture quality issues. The tech determined that the Hopper had to be replaced and due to the time it would take me to backup my recordings and traveling schedule, we had to schedule the replacement till July 18th.

Since then I've discovered the free upgrade to HWS on this forum but customer service says they can't tell me if I would qualify for that until the tech visits on the 18th. Sounds a little strange so wanted a Dirt member to confirm if I do indeed have to wait for the tech visit to initiate an upgrade.

Also wondered if anyone noticed improved pq over the older Hopper. The tech that came says I'm getting too much artifacts and my picture is somewhere between sd & hd quality and my signal is in the 80's on most satellites so it's not an antenna problem. Picture on the Joey is good.

Would also like the added ipad transfer feature although I have a sling adapter already. But improved pq is most important to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm hoping a Dirt member could help me with my concern.

Been with Dish and the Hopper system just over a year and had my first tech visit due to some signal cut out & Hopper picture quality issues. The tech determined that the Hopper had to be replaced and due to the time it would take me to backup my recordings and traveling schedule, we had to schedule the replacement till July 18th.

Since then I've discovered the free upgrade to HWS on this forum but customer service says they can't tell me if I would qualify for that until the tech visits on the 18th. Sounds a little strange so wanted a Dirt member to confirm if I do indeed have to wait for the tech visit to initiate an upgrade.

Also wondered if anyone noticed improved pq over the older Hopper. The tech that came says I'm getting too much artifacts and my picture is somewhere between sd & hd quality and my signal is in the 80's on most satellites so it's not an antenna problem. Picture on the Joey is good.

Would also like the added ipad transfer feature although I have a sling adapter already. But improved pq is most important to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shoot me a PM with your full name, account number and pin number so I can look into this.

I'm interested in upgrading to a hws. Been with dish probably 20 years. Wired and put dish on my own home back then. Was curious what it would put me out on upgrade and install costs.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts