Hopper with sling

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
If I buy a hopper with sling how many shows can it record at once? I’m wanting to update my current setup which is a Wally. (Previously had a hopper 3 installed so that setup should work with the hopper with sling?) would the DVR service be 15 a month or 10? And would dish have to send me a smart card for the receiver?

If I buy a hopper with sling how many shows can it record at once? I’m wanting to update my current setup which is a Wally. (Previously had a hopper 3 installed so that setup should work with the hopper with sling?) would the DVR service be 15 a month or 10? And would dish have to send me a smart card for the receiver?
It has three tuners built in but the number of simultaneous recordings depends on a few things

If recording non local channels you can have three at once
If using any of the four big local networks you can have up to six at once. (4 locals, 2 whatever else).
If you have an ota adapter that adds in two ota tuners. And in that case you can do 5 if not using the dish provided locals or 8 using both the dish provided locals and the ota channels.