Hopper2K S428

I received S428 on 3/6, but woke up this morning to the OK box telling me that performance and maintenance updates were done. EHDs still don't work....

I got that message also day after getting the update on hopper and Joey!!hmm wonder if that meant anything :)

They've flipped it a few times in the past 2-3 versions. You used to have to push INFO 2x to see it, then only 1x, and I thought I read someone say it went back to 2x.

This software fracked my ota recordings . Pixelation and audio hickups galore. So all CW shows this week will be total CRAP now. Thanks DISH.:rolleyes:

Last night watching a recorded program while recording one at the same time, Hopper said it wanted to update (Yes or No). I hit yes and the recorded event stopped and the update started, BUT, the red record light stayed on like it was still recording while updating. Could this be true? Yay if it is. When I view the newly recorded program, if there are any missing segments I will report back.

I have also noticed that when recording back to back programs, they no longer stop recording and you miss a few seconds before the next program starts. Now the first program records three minutes past the end and the next program starts recording one minute before the beginning .

If this has already been discussed, please forgive me. I don't have time to read ALL the threads.

I saw someone else mention something similar to both items you mentioned. On the first one, where the recording light indicates it's active, the person thought it was a glitch and I don't recall if they confirmed it actually recorded anything or not.

I have also noticed that when recording back to back programs, they no longer stop recording and you miss a few seconds before the next program starts. Now the first program records three minutes past the end and the next program starts recording one minute before the beginning .
yep, this is one of the biggest updates in a year in terms of improvement. No more cut off shows.

yep, this is one of the biggest updates in a year in terms of improvement. No more cut off shows.
If you have a free tuner for it. It records the second program in a back to back sequence on a separate tuner if available. Shows will still get cut as they did previously if a tuner isn't available.

It's better than before, but the right way to handle it would be with a single tuner.

If you have a free tuner for it. It records the second program in a back to back sequence on a separate tuner if available. Shows will still get cut as they did previously if a tuner isn't available.

It's better than before, but the right way to handle it would be with a single tuner.

If the shows are on the same channel they don't get cut anymore. They overlap so you don't miss anything while using the same single tuner. This is a big improvement.

If the shows are on the same channel they don't get cut anymore. They overlap so you don't miss anything while using the same single tuner. This is a big improvement.

Not in my testing.

Previously back to back same channel programs with default head(1m)/tail(3m) were always a single tuner and the "in between" head/tail settings were ignored.

Now they fire on separate tuners when using the default head(1m)/tail(3m) settings unless there is no free tuner, in which case the behavior is the same as before.

I've both explicitly tested and have seen the behavior in general "real world" recording.

I am on HWS 338, assuming H2K 428 is the same, but could be a different.

Not in my testing.

Previously back to back same channel programs with default head(1m)/tail(3m) were always a single tuner and the "in between" head/tail settings were ignored.

Now they fire on separate tuners when using the default head(1m)/tail(3m) settings unless there is no free tuner, in which case the behavior is the same as before.

I've both explicitly tested and have seen the behavior in general "real world" recording.

I am on HWS 338, assuming H2K 428 is the same, but could be a different.

I record 2 shows back to back on the same channel every day and up until last week the trailing minutes of the first and leading minute of the second would get clipped and there was several seconds that was missing. Starting last week after the software update the trailing minutes are there as is the leading minute of the second show. I haven't noticed if it's using a second tuner to accomplish this but I will check tomorrow if I can during the three minute overlap.

Are you saying that you know for sure a second tuner is being used? Thanks.

I haven't noticed if it's using a second tuner to accomplish this but I will check tomorrow if I can during the three minute overlap.

Are you saying that you know for sure a second tuner is being used?
In my case it uses a second tuner. Also test forcing a single tuner - record a couple of two hour programs on separate channels and a block of three or four back to back 30 minute sitcoms all at the same time. See if the sitcoms have the header/tail intact.

I wonder if a glitch in this new behavior might explain an odd recording I found on mine tonight! I had a recording of Graveyard Cars on Velocity (one of my regular timers), but when I started watching the recording, it started in the middle of a different program. I hit pause to check the time on it, and it had started recording the program 14 minutes before the actual program time! It still ran through and recorded the entire program and ended when it should, but seemed strange to just up and start recording one that early.

I just noticed that when I have a recording conflict now and the lowest priority event is not recorded, the next time the same episode airs it is not being recorded either. I have to manually restore the recording.

I just noticed that when I have a recording conflict now and the lowest priority event is not recorded, the next time the same episode airs it is not being recorded either. I have to manually restore the recording.

I noticed the same thing. I wonder if Dish officially knows about it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)