How 'bout those Irish!

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
Charlie & co. opened up a can of Whoop - ass on Pitt last night. ESPN and just about everyone else said ND would go 0-6 to start the season. I know it's just one game and the schedule is tough but I am thinking we will beat the O/U of 6 games this year. I have tickets to ND vs MSU and ND vs USC, I am pumped.

Lots of good football on yesterday. TCU upset Oklahoma and Tennessee got a scare. Should be and interesting season.

ND just beat Pitt up on both sides of the LOS. Ya know, Beano Cook (a guy who I think is an idiot most of the time) said in interviews all week that ND had much better players than Pitt and that the Panthers just didn't have the horses up front to match up. He pretty much nailed that prediction. He also said that rumors of ND's recruiting demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Charlie Weis just owns the city of Pittsburgh, he called a masterful game. :D

I don't like to hear Beano make his bold predictions (and I am sure you know why) but I he may be on to something there. ESPN has said that Notre Dame is irrelevant but considering they mention ND in almost every issue of their magazine, articles daily and a spot on PTI nearly every day, I don't thin ESPN really believes what they say.

How about them getting into a shootout with Michigan in the next game? Should be a good game unless turnovers and mistakes make it lopsided

Being a selfish Patriots fan, I was hoping that Charlie wouldnt do so good and be forced to return to the Pats. But I kinda knew that he would be good for the Irish.

I was impressed with the whole team's performance and it was nice to see some emotional reaction on the sidelines by Coach Weis. Should be interesting to see how the team comes off the win when they go against the Wolverines this Saturday.

Chado said:
You guys are such Homers. Willingham's first year started 8-0 (If I recall correctly)...

I'm no ND fan, believe me. All I said was the game against Michigan should be a good one. I think it will be better than Texas/OSU (for some reason, I have a feeling that one will be a blowout one way or the other)

Yes I am a diehard ND fan. I was very happy when Ty went 8-0 his first year. If you remember that was all done on defense. In fact he won his first game 22-0 and all points were scored by defense and special teams. I was at the ND vs FSU game and starting with the fourth quarter it was all downhill through the rest of the season and the following two years. It was nice to win a few big games but the blow-outs were unacceptable. Ty never got the offense going his entire time there. Charlie seems to have quite an offense in place. I do not think we will go undefeated this season by any means but I think we will play most if not all teams very well.

I am a Cubs Homer myself. Get up with every win and down with every freaking, stupid, piece of crap loss. I just like to remind people that a bronze statue of Ty was ready to be constructed. Oh wait, it must have just been rust...

Chado said:
Sorry that was directed at the people who know that they are Irish Homers....
No biggie, I just take every chance I can to make sure people know I am NOT a ND fan! :D

Best thing is we seem to have a coach that knows how to win. I think we can go undefeated but it is highly unlikely especially when you consider the schedule. MSU can be tough, heres hoping they don't overlook that game.

I wasn't able to watch last weeks game (delousing a relative's PC) but I caught the score from time to time. It will be extra nice to watch them beat MSU in HD on NBC this year...

John, we should have a nice Michiana football weekend for you; forecast for kick-off is mid-70s, partly cloudy, not too windy.

I miss sure miss the fall season in the midwest. I lived in Canton, OH and Midland, MI. I won't be up there for this weekend but will be attending the ND vs USC game on Oct 15th. Hopefully that will be near the peak of leaves changing.

I knew someone would revive this thread. Thanks alot.

I am disappointed we lost but overall happy with the direction the team is taking. I never thought we would go undefeated. Great game by John L Smith and the Spartans

Too many penalties by the Irish, pure and simple. It killed momentum. I really gave my 942 a workout replaying some of the close calls, but as much as we were upset by the officiating, it evened out.

I invited my ND Alumni friends to see the game in HD and they were very impressed, especially by the aerial shots of the Notre Dame campus. I'm glad NBC put an HD camera in the Goodyear blimp, unlike TNT. John, I hope you were able to watch the game in HD, it looked better than it was played...

I did watch it for a while in HD but I get two NBC stations and they are the weakest signals I had. Every once in a while the signal would drop out for a few seconds so I switched to SD. NBC did do a great job with the picture.

nascar tnt

A Tale of Two Sox who will remain By October 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)