How Come it costs to record some Show Time Movies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OBE1

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
For example the Bounty Hunter ShowTime this Saturday evening I mean couldn't I just watch it live? I don't get it.

Thanks,
OBE:confused:

Sorry STARS and yes I subscribe.. From the guide it doesn't show as a cost until you click record but if you look at it from here DIRECTV: TV Listings: Movies is shows the dollar sign. Also if you look at the ShowTime guide above and scroll four pages over to We Were Soldiers it also shows the dollar sign.

Sorry STARS and yes I subscribe.. From the guide it doesn't show as a cost until you click record but if you look at it from here DIRECTV: TV Listings: Movies is shows the dollar sign. Also if you look at the ShowTime guide above and scroll four pages over to We Were Soldiers it also shows the dollar sign.

Curious, are these brand NEW movies ? PPV maybe ?

They are under the link posted above and are showing on STARS and SHOWTIME.. Just wondering why they are listed as requiring payment.

OP is likely looking at PPV and / or VoD movies seeing that the link is to DirecTV's My Cinema and if I remember correctly; if you subscribe then there is no additional charge.

Awe. I see. These are the 1080p/24 versions. Regular broadcast of Starz and Showtime are 1080i. MGMHD VOD is the only one free that does 1080p. YOu can record the 1080i versions free off of the broadcast channels.

S~

Thanks Teachsac.. I wondered what the difference was.. So the only way to record the non 1080p version would be from the DVR since the online guide directs you to the pay link. The force is strong in this one... LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)