How do I get RID of dish!??? ATTN DIRT TEAM!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
I was a happy long term dish sub.... a dealer for awhile..... and only cancelled when dish raised the extra receiver fees from 5 bucks per box to $17. A overnite cash grab. I hate them for that! I had kept all my boxes connected to the phone line at all times. I owned all my boxes! So I cancelled and will NEVER have dish again!

It all worked out I bought lifetime tiovos and since cable cards are under 4 bucks per month, and comcast triple play is cheaper than what I was paying for dish alone for AEP dish actually forced me to save money:) I didnt bother getting the premium channels since we didnt watch them much

I was thrilled that how much better tivos were than dishes bug ridden boxes. My tivos go forever without a reboot or troubleshooting!

Now I would occasionally get a comeback to dish offer, every few months.

Now thru all this jen and me got divorced:) and I am now happily living with rose for over 3 years:)

However dish is haunting me. I am now getting at least one comeback offer in the mail nearly every day:( Rose is irritated most come addressed to my X jen

I am sick of being a mail handler for dish:(

For over the last month I have been writing the arrival date on the unopened offers and dropping them in big box which is now getting full:(

If dish is unable to end what I now consider harrasing mail I am taking this to the media. Solicting me is a complete waste for dish! It just irritates me and rose, causes more trash in the world, adds to global warming, and has become a hassle!

I have sent a registered return receipt letter to dish telling them to knock it off, called a bunch of times. and am now ready to take this to the media! I will say they have a almost endless assotment of offeres. None of which interest me in the least. Because of this harrasing mail I tell people to avoid dish!

Any advice would bbe greatly appreciated!

For anyone in pittsburgh you may be watching me on the news consumer section.....:)

I am REALLY SICK OF THIS! charge rip off extra receiver fees, lose customers forever! Dish must be in trouble desperate for subs. and incidently charging to return equiptement at end of lease no doubt makes people less likely to ever subscribe again

Reactions: foghorn2
polls_baby_crying_closeup_4841_775739_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

There is supposed to be a way to not be solicited by businesses by being put on a list. If you do business with someone then they have a right to contact you though. Kind of like a do not call list.

Say whatever you like! I felt betrayed by dish jacking up the fees, heck I was the biggest dish supporter ever.

5 buck to 17 bucks was just over the top, that was attempted subscriber $ rape:(

then to mail me solicitations daily, and ignore my repeated contacts to knock it off..:(

I will be happy to e mail dirt, and irritating rose isnt a good plan either!

Say whatever you like! I felt betrayed by dish jacking up the fees, heck I was the biggest dish supporter ever.

5 buck to 17 bucks was just over the top, that was attempted subscriber $ rape:(

then to mail me solicitations daily, and ignore my repeated contacts to knock it off..:(

I will be happy to e mail dirt, and irritating rose isnt a good plan either!

Why does it bother Rose? Is she afraid Jen is going to try to get you back because she still gets junk mail at her house? Im certain Jen is moved on and happy to be rid of you. Rose could use a bit of growing up as well if she is jealous over junk mail!

Reactions: bobvick
Actually, please do contact the media. I would love to see that crap!

And what do you have against the livelihoods of our postal carriers. They need as much help to keep their jobs as they can get.... Maybe all of the formerly employed carriers can camp out on your doorstep when they have been moved to the street because you just can't stand junk mail.... With your written stories, and god there are many over the years, as to how you have reached out to the unfortunate this should make your day! ;)

And when have additional Ho's EVER been more than $12 (& some of us are only paying $7)...where ARE you getting $17 from??? :confused: :confused:

The details are foggy:( but that extra receiver fee did get jacked up draatically.

Dish had discounted X dollars for phone line connection, then a DVR fee per box if I remember correctly.

This all dates back to when charlie largely turned over the leadership of E to the college suits, adding returned lease box fees, increased extra receiver fees, extra fee for external harddrive, etc etc.......

fthe suits did increase profits, but sub growth since then has been anemic at best, and negative at worst, while D has continued to grow nicely.

I may not be 100% on E growth, since honestly since going to comcast I have little interest in satellite TV.

I remain here and post mostly in the pub since the members there can seemingly solve every wierd tech problem I have. The pub is great!

Bob, be sure and let us know if you find a journalist that pays any attention. But I'd probably have a heart attack if that ever occurred.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)