How do I transfer recorded show from dvr to vcr tape

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportsmom12

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
I am a complete electronic rookie. I have figured out how to record on my dvr - I think I have an RC15 from direct tv. I would like to transfer some of the things I taped to a vcr tape so I can take it with me to watch at a friends house. I have no idea how to do that. I can record directly to the vcr tape if I preprogram it like I use to before DVR days- but if I don't have it on the channel I want recorded - it records something else( the DVR) will still record the right movie but the VCR won't. Anybody with patience to help would be great.
thanks

How do you have the VCR hooked up?

You should just have have to play the program on the DVR and press 'record' on the VCR. The VCR just records whatever signal is coming into it - it has no idea whether it's from a DVR, antenna, coax cable, etc.

Sorry, I know not helpful, but I just have to say it.

"What's a VCR tape?" :)

OK, now that that's out of the way I will try to be helpful. You need a set of RCA cables to connect the video and audio outputs of your satellite receiver to the video and audio inputs on the VCR. Then run the VCR to the TV. Tune the VCR to the external input. (some VCRs list it as channel 0 or 1, or maybe an "input" button on the remote to toggle. Then, just push record on the VCR and play on the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts