How does the openbox s10 do on mp3s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I have a glorystar. It's ability to play mp3s is limited.

In the openbox S10 can you pause the mp3s and go forward and backward.
Can it randomly play mp3s.

Can it scan in all the christian audio channels on AMC3 ? (4044 H)

If I remember right, it does log all of them

You do know on the Glorystar receiver (any of the GeosatPro models) you can manually add the missing channels via ChannelMaster

I was asking whether the OpenBox S10 can scan in all the christian audio channels on AMC3 ? (4044 H)

and I responded the 1st time with If I remember right, it does log all of them
I had a S10 for a day and I did scan in AMC3. Wanted to see if I could get the RTV on my 6 footer. It scanned in that TP too (4043) and I could have sworn they all were there

The 2nd part is an option to add them to the existing receiver you have. I added the AMC8 audio channels that way on my GS200

How many radio channels are supposed to be on 4044? My S10 only scans one.
I am running a test file on the S10 that has some additional features. It looks like mp3s is doable with this file but I have yet to try it. I do not see a random play option but that does not mean it is not there.

There is one channel (no name) but there are like 20 PIDS in the list. The issue the OP brings up is the Glorystar receivers (GeosatPro) only logs 4 pids (thats the max they can do)

hit the audio button and it should show some different audio tracks. They are different stations

All it scanned in was one radio station. Pressing the audio button does nothing when I am on this station.
Lyngsat lists several radio stations on that tp so I was curious as to why the S10 I have only scans one of them.

I got the audio button to work. There are several different stations available under that one channel so it looks like it is working like it is supposed to. GregH

ok cool. There are 23 total so the S10 grabs most of them (the max it can probably grab). The Pansat is the same way

the no audio would be right. These are national radio feeds so there are "dead spots" for commercials. Get that on some other radio feeds I listen to

Thanks for the education. I did not realize that transponder was set up like that!!!!
I will try an audio file in a bit and see how the S10/S9 test software likes it. There is a nice media player in this file with several options, so it needs to be looked at and tested. GregH

In the S10/S9 test file I am running, mp3s can be paused or they can be made to go forward and backward. I do not see a random mp3 play feature but you can create and playlist and save it.
Again, I get 20 out of the 23 audio channels that are available on 4044.
I would expect some of the features I have found in this test file to be available later in a normal firmware update. This has been a real nice and smooth test file. I have enjoyed running it. GregH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)