How many are getting EI since it includes MLB.tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry. I'll use the excuse "I'm new here"

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

DirecTV updated their website today to reflect inclusion of MLB.TV. They say additional details and activation will come at a later date.

DirecTV updated their website today to reflect inclusion of MLB.TV. They say additional details and activation will come at a later date.

That's all fine but for those of us that have not activated we should be able to use mlb TV.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

I cancelled my mlb.tv subscription due to EI including it but when I called D* support I got no discounts on EI though..I'll try again in a couple days

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It seems that the linking will occur with the start of the season. In reality it makes sense on several levels. Several years ago, Roku did not have spring training games. I would guess that next year, in year 2 of the new system, spring training will be included. Just my WAG on that. The March 31 comes from multiple posts on DBS sites.

It seems that the linking will occur with the start of the season. In reality it makes sense on several levels. Several years ago, Roku did not have spring training games. I would guess that next year, in year 2 of the new system, spring training will be included. Just my WAG on that. The March 31 comes from multiple posts on DBS sites.

As a standalone MLB.tv customer I don't think that's right. Mine renewed a few days before the first spring training game this year. It says it's good through next offseason. I have been a customer for a few years now and I always have to pay before spring training to get access to spring training games. The reason roku didn't work for spring training last year is because they didn't update the app to include those games in the schedule. PC, smartphones, and tablets worked for spring training last year.

Luckily that isn't an issue this year. Every device I have tried has already been updated with this years schedule. I have watched several spring training games on Apple TV and Roku already.

What you will get is access to archived games until spring training starts next year. It's a shame they aren't giving you guys access right now. You already get the regular season through EI on your TV. EI doesn't include spring training games so one of the benefits to them packing in MLB.tv should be access to all the televised spring training games with no blackouts.

EDIT: The included gameday audio feature is pretty great too. I listen to all the Tigers day games using the At Bat app on my iPhone when I'm at work. We don't get a good radio signal from their channel in our office building so it really comes in handy for me. I'm listening to my favorite radio announcers for the Tigers vs. Blue Jays game right now.

Last edited:
Extra Innings has always started at opening day. That said, it is likely that the MLB.TV authorization won't be turned on for MLBEI customers until March 31.

That is likely to be the same next year. DirecTV has always required purchase of the sports pack to watch spring training games (though most are now on MLBN).
My recommendation would be to purchase a monthly subscription to MLB.TV (or game day audio) for $20 (or $3) then cancel before the one month is up to renew.

i saw on channel 113 it says free preview from 3/31 to 4/6 and there is a note

MLB.TV is NOT included in the free preview

Extra Innings has always started at opening day. That said, it is likely that the MLB.TV authorization won't be turned on for MLBEI customers until March 31.

That is likely to be the same next year. DirecTV has always required purchase of the sports pack to watch spring training games (though most are now on MLBN).
My recommendation would be to purchase a monthly subscription to MLB.TV (or game day audio) for $20 (or $3) then cancel before the one month is up to renew.

And keep in mind that the game day audio subscription is $20 for the whole season. I used to pay for that each yeah in addition to MLB.tv before they started including it in the premium package. If you buy it you can use your MLB.com credentials to log in on the MLB at Bat app and get your choice of home, away, and sometimes Spanish radio broadcasts on your smartphone/tablet. That subscription is included with MLB.tv though so don't buy it unless you need spring training games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I really messed up asking for a discount on this. I had a 40 off premier for 6 months discount which I only had for 1 mo. When I called to ask for a discount on EI they offered me 7 off each payment of 32.99. Once they added it, the computer took away my 40 buck discount. They are supposedly going to escalate it to the corporate level with a five business day wait. If I don't get them back, I can always get HBO and Showtime from Dish. I have both services because I live in the middle of nowhere and there's not much else to spend the entertainment money on. It also helps when one company is having channel disputes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts