how much is your genie(hr34) costing you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mdram said:
be polite.
explain what you are looking for
i told them i was out of contract, and just wanted to upgrade my equipment, i wasnt worried about all the other credits they give new customers
then i asked if people had to switch carriers every 2 years just to keep up with technology

Same deal. 299 for hr34 and 99 for c31 clients.
Im out of contract. Not to thrilled about
Lack of flexibilty for curent subs.

Same deal. 299 for hr34 and 99 for c31 clients.
Im out of contract. Not to thrilled about
Lack of flexibilty for curent subs.

it took me several tries, the email to the office of the president is what got it

be polite.
explain what you are looking for
i told them i was out of contract, and just wanted to upgrade my equipment, i wasnt worried about all the other credits they give new customers
then i asked if people had to switch carriers every 2 years just to keep up with technology

I was very nice, and calm and explained why I needed more tuners due to not having enough to record shows, and that my series manager is filled up. They then tried to offer me another HR24 in exchange for my HD receiver, and I'd need to sign another 2 year agreement. Dish is looking better more and more !!

I wasnt a jerk or D-bag at all.. Hell I was very polite but the CSR wasnt able to do anything for me... I was out of contract and she wasnt very helpful. Im not a jerk to the people who work a D*... Just went a different route and it worked. I want to clear the air that I was not and have not been a jerk. I wouldnt have all the equipment I do if I was a jerk, I didnt buy any of it at full price..

You don'tneed to email the president for this stuff. I just finished my first 2-year contract with DirecTV. I called and said "cancel" to get to retention. I wasn't demanding, I asked what they might do to keep me as a customer and explained that the new subs were really getting some fantastic deals. I think one of the keys is.... Don't be a di..... jerk. Be polite and friendly. I'm sure it also has something to do with which CSR you get.

well there was a thread for the hopper, so heres one for the genie

i was out of contract
got a hr-34 to replace an h24 for $49 installed

now i have an hr34 and an hr24, if there are any conflicts its time to see a shrink

Got a HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, and SWM16 for $100 install. Of course I got a wired deca and the installer let me swap two remotes for the RF ones. Have the entertainment package no premiums or other adds and I pay $52 a month. It was a no brainer to switch as I saved money, gained channels, gained HD in 2 rooms, and got more recording tuners plus whole home.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

10 mo left of contract and called n told them to close account on select date. Told em going to Comcast for multi DVR system. Offered free genie and free install. Win

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Got a genie and whole-home DVR upgrade coming wednesday for free. also gave me $15 credit for 12 months. Had to agree on a 2 year contract.

Got a genie and whole-home DVR upgrade coming wednesday for free. also gave me $15 credit for 12 months. Had to agree on a 2 year contract.

How did you manage to get this ?? Every time I contact Directv about getting a new HR34, I'm told that it's only available to new customers only, and if I want one I have to pay full price for it. They keep on throwing at me instead a second HD-DVR (HR24) for free with a new 2 year agreement.

How did you manage to get this ?? Every time I contact Directv about getting a new HR34, I'm told that it's only available to new customers only, and if I want one I have to pay full price for it. They keep on throwing at me instead a second HD-DVR (HR24) for free with a new 2 year agreement.

You speak to retention ?

Spoke to retention, and all they are willing to do is either sell me the HR34 at full price ($299 plus installation), or give me an HR24 with a signed 2 year agreement.

this is but one of the reasons i like owning my equipment. i get what i want and i can do what i want.

Spoke to retention, and all they are willing to do is either sell me the HR34 at full price ($299 plus installation), or give me an HR24 with a signed 2 year agreement.

How much left of contract ? Email president office, I DoD that before calling n they called me next day lol I was expecting to have issues

I was a customer for 2 years and had 10 months left on contract (upgraded to HD in Dec 2010)....got HR34 for free with 2 year agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts