How quick is DirecTv to turn off service? (IE unintended late payment)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is an amount you should have in savings today depending on your age and your lifestyle.

Care to share where you find this info and who's determining what a good savings for me is vs any other person ...

Everyone is in a different situation, you can't just say, because someone is say, 45 he should have X amount of money in savings.
It all depends on your particular situation, how much money you make and what you need to do with your money each week.

Please share your info , as I would like to know if I have enough in my savings to be AVG.

Jimbo

Well I think at the very least this post reminds us of the current economy we are in. Even if work is going well, I think we are all these days deciding to spend on wants VS needs, at least I am trying to!

Care to share where you find this info and who's determining what a good savings for me is vs any other person ...

Everyone is in a different situation, you can't just say, because someone is say, 45 he should have X amount of money in savings.
It all depends on your particular situation, how much money you make and what you need to do with your money each week.

Please share your info , as I would like to know if I have enough in my savings to be AVG.

Jimbo
Jimbo, this is such basic stuff I read and re-read your post trying to find a particle of intelligent debate, could not. I would normally ignore it but since you are asking me directly I will allow the back and forth to go longer than it should.
Ok, lets pretend everyone lives forever so we don't need to worry about retirement. Everyone should have enough savings to get all their bills paid including groceries for 3 to 6 months about the average time to get another job or get back to work from an injury. If you have ZERO savings you need to get yourself to that point as FAST as you can and in a bad economic climate you may need even more.
Now reality is we don't live forever, so we also have to factor in how many years left you will actually be able to work. The reason to save more when you are older is you have fewer paychecks left in your life to save from.
And to your point that "everyone is in a different situation", I'll say what do you think "depending on your age and lifestyle" means? If you make 20 grand a year and I make 100, and we both want to continue to live our accustomed "lifestyle" <--there's that word again< Then I need more money in savings than you.

Now, if we are going to continue this back and forth you will have to have an intelligent rebuttal. That means: you need to point out something I said that is not true or has some other flaw in it's intended meaning. Good luck. :up

As to your asking for free financial advice I obviously have exceeded my quota in this thread but if you type "how much should I have in savings" in google you will probably have more than you need to determine your own savings needs.

Jimbo, this is such basic stuff I read and re-read your post trying to find a particle of intelligent debate, could not. I would normally ignore it but since you are asking me directly I will allow the back and forth to go longer than it should.
Ok, lets pretend everyone lives forever so we don't need to worry about retirement. Everyone should have enough savings to get all their bills paid including groceries for 3 to 6 months about the average time to get another job or get back to work from an injury. If you have ZERO savings you need to get yourself to that point as FAST as you can and in a bad economic climate you may need even more.
Now reality is we don't live forever, so we also have to factor in how many years left you will actually be able to work. The reason to save more when you are older is you have fewer paychecks left in your life to save from.
And to your point that "everyone is in a different situation", I'll say what do you think "depending on your age and lifestyle" means? If you make 20 grand a year and I make 100, and we both want to continue to live our accustomed "lifestyle" <--there's that word again< Then I need more money in savings than you.

Now, if we are going to continue this back and forth you will have to have an intelligent rebuttal. That means: you need to point out something I said that is not true or has some other flaw in it's intended meaning. Good luck. :up

As to your asking for free financial advice I obviously have exceeded my quota in this thread but if you type "how much should I have in savings" in google you will probably have more than you need to determine your own savings needs.

Never mind .....

I once missed a payment because my dog ate the check. :rolleyes: :D
Seriously though if one D* bill is all that stood between me being broke I would cancel and start putting that money in savings so when life kicks me in the nuts again, I'd be ready.

Ha. Ha.

It wasn't funny at all, happened around august last year. USPS not only lost the Directv payment, they lost the mortgage payment, payment to a doctors office, etc.

I litterally had to rush around cancelling checks, and since then I've done online banking.

God damn local USPS is completely inept.

Ha. Ha.

It wasn't funny at all, happened around august last year. USPS not only lost the Directv payment, they lost the mortgage payment, payment to a doctors office, etc.

I litterally had to rush around cancelling checks, and since then I've done online banking.

God damn local USPS is completely inept.

I love the bank drafts and the online bill-pay myself. Although it doesn't leave me much room for excuses.

I am going to close this thread as the OP's question was answered and there is some back and forth that really shouldnt be here, thanks guys :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts