How stable are the 510's ?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I just ordered two 510's which will replace two of my 301's. (own 3) My 301's have been very stable and I have been very satisfied with them. How does the 510 measure up far as reliability? Thanks for any input in this matter. If this is a redundant question I apologize.

501,508 &510 are all basically the same units same software different size hard drives. For DISH Network they are about as reliable as DISH DVRs get.

I have a 510 and its very reliable. They only problem that I have is once in a while, it will lock up and lose picture. I reboot by holding in the power button and its good for a few weeks.

Its been a very good buy. I still have recordings that are approaching a year old now. :D

I got a 510 last Nov to replace my 7200 and I am very happy it. I love the DVR features and could not live without it. I also love the slo-mo feature that can slow the action to play 1/15 sec per frame. Especially love it during football and basketball seasons where I can play replay official and make judgements on calls and plays during the game.

I had some serious issues with the 501's. One time the hard drive failed and twice the tuner failed. When I got my fourth one from Dish Network I sold it to get rid of it. I heard that with the 508's and 510's that the problems were not as bad with those.

Double Blackouts on MLB

510 and OTA from 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts